Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:57 pm 

I own and operate a small home based business as a free lance graphic designer and illustrator. Among other things, I design and create detailed stationary, journals, planners, and planner accessories (ie journal cards and stickers). Last December I purchased my first cutter: a Silhouette Cameo 3. I am not satisfied. Since purchasing, I have yet to get it to run with consistent results.

I am looking into the possibility of upgrading to a higher end machine. Apart from one that will be reliable, and create intricate die cut designs; I need a machine that has an accurate print and cut application. At this point most of what I print and cut is 100# cover card stock, chip board, vellum, 70# text, kraft paper, sticker paper. Vinyl, fabric, and balsa wood are other materials I have considered as well. I had purchased the Silhouette for the dual tool capability. It would be nice to have that if it isn't going to create a number of issues. FWIW: this function broke this past week and cannot at the moment be repaired.

In doing my own research I have narrowed it down to Silver Bullet or a Klic-n-Kut machine; but I am open to any suggestions. I am willing to purchase something I can grow into; I would rather purchase one good machine and be done with it.

Thanks in advance. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 am 

I am happy with the Sizzix eclips2

Mac 10.9.5 Yosemite, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.