Cricut Expression not work with SCAL after Firmware update

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
mleckie

Cricut Expression not work with SCAL after Firmware update

Post by mleckie »

Just updated my firmware on my Cricut Expression in Cricut Craftroom to V 2.43.

When I open SCAL I get an error message "Cricut machine could not be found. Please make sure it is connected and turned on". I am using SCAL v. 2.044. Getting very frustrated.

I am on a PC using Windows 10. I have unplugged USB from a port and plugged it directly into the back of the machine. No luck.

Any ideas.

After first posting, I decided to restart my computer, after doing that the computer does connect but the cuts are soo inaccurate I wasted a bunch of paper. What is the best machine to use SCAL with.Maybe I need to buy a different machine.
papasue

Re: Cricut Expression not work with SCAL after Firmware upda

Post by papasue »

Craftedge was forced to stop updating scal for the Cricut machines years ago so that may be the issue with win 10. a new cutter is in order. I like my sizzix eclips2 but there are other good ones out there.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Sweetness4713
Location: Timmins Ontario Canada Shania Twains hometown.. SCAL 1,2,3,4 Silhouette, Inkscape.47 Vista

Re: Cricut Expression not work with SCAL after Firmware upda

Post by Sweetness4713 »

It's because you updated the firmware for your cricut expression.. Hence why it doesn't work...