What to buy besides a Cricut Explore

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Carolynn

What to buy besides a Cricut Explore

Post by Carolynn »

I love, love, love SCAL. So when I got a new computer and could no longer use my SCAL 2 I had to decide what to do. I have always had good luck w/ my Cricut Expression and went ahead and bought the Cricut Explore. I absolutely hate the whole process I have to go through once I leave SCAL and enter the black hole of Cricut Design software. It makes me want to scream, cry, and bang my head! Why Cricut has not caught up with SCAL style designing I will never know. So now I want to know what machine would anyone recommend? I want to be able to cut directly from SCAL not have to import to another software. My goal is not to make cards and pre-designed crafts. I want to be able to use my fonts and images from the internet. I use my cutter for posters and signs frequently. I want to be able to use a 12x12 mat. Any suggestions are appreciated.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: What to buy besides a Cricut Explore

Post by mitsim »

Love my Sizzix Eclips. It uses ECAL2 (which is the same as SCAL4, but has the extra features that the Eclips offers). Awesome machine. 12x12. Will score lines automatically at same time you are cutting. Does perfect cut-2-print.
Good luck!
Carolynn

Re: What to buy besides a Cricut Explore

Post by Carolynn »

Thank you Mitsims. I will check into that.