Sizzix "Good or Bad"

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
talanhart

Sizzix "Good or Bad"

Post by talanhart »

I have a friend who bought a Sizzix a couple of months ago. Lately, I have been reading on Facebook about the problems that a lot of people are having with their machines. Motherboards failing, Sensors not registering, Files not cutting to completion. Has anybody here had any problems with their Sizzix? My friend is having a lot of fun with his machine and actually making some money selling Koozies. I sure would hate to see him in the middle of an order and have his machine fail.
Todd
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Sizzix "Good or Bad"

Post by HeatherM »

I've heard about the problems too. I've had mine since April 2012. Sizzix replaced mine about 3 months after that for a bad sensor, but I haven't had any problems since then. I really like my eClips.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Same here. It seems the early release of eClips had some motherboard problems. Mine was an early model and Sizzix replaced. No issues since then. Love my machine
Sandy in PA
shannon1142

Post by shannon1142 »

I have had my eclips replaced 2 times already. Now the motherboard has gone out again but I'm about a week over my warranty period and there deciding on weather or not they will replace it or not. I have to say I had a cricut and ended up hating it bought a eclips and I have really liked it even though it had to be replaced twice. There customer service has been really helpful. II sure hope they go ahead ánd replace my machine. I do know that the later machines have not had that problem and it does cut great. I would defiantly make sure she got a later machine. I do regret not keeping my cricut around for backup just for times like this where I have stuff to do and can't. Ugh. It's day 2 and I still haven't got a response I sure hope that doesn't mean there not going to replace it.
shannon1142

Post by shannon1142 »

I just received notice that they are replacing my machine. They have always had great customer service. I would tell your friend not too worry. They are a good company and they take care of there customers.
wetlic

Post by wetlic »

Mine just starting doing the "skipping" portion of the image. Sizzix says they no longer have an parts and can not repair it. I loved my eclips until now. :cry: