Nodes tool problem

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
scederberg1

Nodes tool problem

Post by scederberg1 »

When I use the Nodes tool and then select my object (in this case a text), it doesn't show the nodes. What am I doing wrong?
papasue

Re: Nodes tool problem

Post by papasue »

Hi, in the case of text you need to do a path/union to convert the text to a path. If you plan to cut out the letters you will most probably want to do a path/simplify to cut down the number of nodes to get a smooth cut.

I do have to ask why you want to manipulate nodes on text tho....

I hope this is the answer you seek as sometimes I miss a step or intent!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
scederberg1

Post by scederberg1 »

Thanks. I'll try that. I may cut the design, but I am actually manipulating text to portray a cattle brand, so that it can be sent across the country to my son's wife, who is having a special plaque made for him with both of his grandpa's branding iron brands on it. There was not a text that was in the exact shape I needed once it was rotated. :D
scederberg1

Post by scederberg1 »

Hmmm. I previously tried the Path Simplify. It shows the nodes in the preview, but when I click "OK" It doesn't make the path appear with the nodes. I tried selecting Path Union - still nothing. The only thing that I have been able to do, is use the draw tool and trace the text letter "S" and place the nodes so that I CAN manipulate them. Not the best approach, but after some investment of time - I got what I wanted.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, glad you got it done would it be possible for you to post a pic of the finished project as I am having a problem visualizing what you were trying to do. With a pic or the file we might come up with an easier solution for you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.