New to cutting

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Fsavoni

New to cutting

Post by Fsavoni »

Ok, I'm looking to buy a die cut machine...I've been researching different machines, and now I'm unsure of what to buy. I had wanted a cricut (I no longer do), then I saw the the ecraft, and now I'm reading about the eclips. Of the latter two, which is best? I'm looking to do crafts and die cuts for my classroom.

Thanks!!
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: New to cutting

Post by mitsim »

I have an Eclips, and it's a great cutter. Also, you might look at the Silhouette Cameo. Those are the two that seem to have the best following. Unless, of course, you can fork over more $$$, then you could get a Silver Bullet, which is top of the line, professional quality, and can cut almost anything (but 3-4 more than the first two mentioned.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

When you are making your choice you need to consider some things such as: Will you have a computer that you can use for cutting? What kinds of materials do you want to cut? How much can you spend? Do you want to be able to Print and Cut?

I have an eClips and love it. I have also heard a lot of positive reviews of the Cameo. I haven't heard very many positive things about the eCraft and would really look at actual user reviews before buying one.
Fsavoni

Post by Fsavoni »

Thank you! I do have a computer that I can use with it. I have looked at the user reviews for the ecraft. They all say the same thing about the cut: it's great once you are familiar with it. It's number 3 out of the top 10 reviews. I don't want to buy a lot of cartridges, so I want something compatible with scal. I'm so indecisive when it comes to spending money, lol!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I have an eClips and use it for my classroom in addition to my personal use. I wouldn't need anything other than this machine. So glad not to be tied down to the cartridges any longer. I use on both a Mac and a PC (depending on which computer I feel like using) without issue.

Some also like the Cameo. I would check them both out and see what meets your preference and budget.
Sandy in PA