Help with cutter selection please

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
qualityqueen1974

Help with cutter selection please

Post by qualityqueen1974 »

I started out using SCAL with my cricut as a hobby which then turned into a viable home decor sign business. I love my cricut and all it can do with SCAL 2 and well my workhorse machine is finally starting to show signs of wear. I know SCAL 3 is not compatible with the software so I need to decide on a new cutter. I bought an awesome MH cutter that I thought was going to be fabulous but I cannot get it to work with SCAL because of how it is recognized on my computer. I also now realize that I bought it way too big. I dont need the cutting width I got and I just need to buy something new.

I need to be able to cut 24" wide at various lengths and I really need the cutter to interface with SCAL 3. I cut vinyl only so i really just need a good vinyl cutter that hopefully cuts faster than a cricut. It is my only grief with Cricut---so slow when I cut anything 12x24. your help is greatly appreciated.
gj1

Re: Help with cutter selection please

Post by gj1 »

There is so much reading on this already in the cutter review section...please begin there, until someone else posts again.

viewforum.php?f=85
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
qualityqueen1974

Post by qualityqueen1974 »

I have which is why I posted a more specific question. I havent found any information that details what I am looking for. I need to be able to cut 24" wide and faster than a cricut. I bought an MH cutter thinking it would work with SCAL and it didnt. I have submitted a question to SCAL before and never got a response. Most of the cutters reviewed are hobby cutters. I dont want a hobby cutter anymore. I am looking for a professional cutter that hopefully someone out there actually knows about. I love SCAL and dont want to learn something new but if I cannot find a cutter that interfaces with it, then I have no choice.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I am sorry no one answers to you...there is however so much information there.
I cut as a hobby and still have an E. Most of us here cut as a hobby.
You could search the specs of the various machines directly at their websites.

http://craftedge.com/products/products.html

These are the machines that scal 3 works with listed here.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Check out the Silver Bullet at http://thatsscrapinc.com/blackcatcutters.aspx. Great machines that many use for business. Join the forum and ask away, those that use it for a business machine will be glad to help.
Jan