Cutter Comparison Chart

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Penny Duncan

Cutter Comparison Chart

Post by Penny Duncan »

I thought this might be helpful for some who may be on the lookout for a new cutting machine.........I did not create this chart.......I think it will be very helpful!!

http://silverbulletcutters.com/comparison-chart/
gj1

Re: Cutter Comparison Chart

Post by gj1 »

Who did create the chart...just curious?
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

You know...I'm not sure who all was involved in creating the comparison chart......I believe it was a collaborative effort of several different people who actually own and use the cutting machines......as well as information gathered from the stores that sell the products.......I'm not sure who put the chart together....
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

hmmm, I usually don't trust charts from vendor sites, but this chart is actually hosted (produced?) by duckysdesigns.com and contains this verbiage at the bottom. That's scrap would do well to remove all their logo stuff from the top header to make this clear.
"The information contained in this document is, and will continue to be, independent of any manufacturer. All specifications contained herein are provided by information available on the various manufacturer sites as well as individual user contributions. If you have knowledge of any specifications that differ, please contact CCCRevisions@gmail.com with corrected information and source of said difference. Information will be added and/or revised as it becomes available, and can be verified by the independent panel responsible for this comparison table. If the information is found to be incorrect or unverifiable, it will not be added or revised.
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

It's was watermarked that way and marked that way per Ducky Designs because apparently she wanted it that way......I believe she may have been the one to put the chart together....but had several people and sites contributing the information.....The information has all been verified and confirmed before entered from what I'm told.....
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

The information regarding the KNK Maxx cutters, in this table, is incorrect. We attempted, in the past, to have the owner of That's Scrap, Inc correct the information she shows regarding our products, but she ignored our request. So, please refer elsewhere for the correct information about the Maxx specs. I recommend using the table at Paper Threads: http://www.paperthreads.com/bonus/paper ... 12008.html. Thanks!

Since there is a new contact email, I will do my best, again, to get correct information into the comparison chart.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

The owner of That's Scrap Inc did NOT compile the list...so she can't modify the list......just simply follow the link that was provided on the chart to have the information confirmed and adjusted if found valid........
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Well, since I'm one of the people at KNK USA who would be contacted to verify the information, I'm guessing it will be validated. By the way, i found and submitted 24 mistakes on just the KNK models.
Sandy McCauley
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

I am very happy to report that with the exception of the Zing blade information, everything I submitted has been corrected. This includes all the specs for all four KNK models in the table! YAY!!!! I believe the Zing blade corrections were just overlooked or maybe need more clarification, so I'll be submitting that again, along with a few other things that Chad (VP of KNK USA) noticed in the table that I had missed. Thanks to Ducky if she was the one who corrected it. Finally... after three years of wrong data being contained in the comparison tables at TSI, the corrections are now in place. This is a huge weight off my shoulders. : )
Sandy McCauley
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

The chart linked by Penny seems a much more comprehensive one to me.
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial