New cutter just launched, the Silver Bullet

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Louise-Paisley

New cutter just launched, the Silver Bullet

Post by Louise-Paisley »

Dawn and Sherri of blackcat fame have tonight officially launched their new cutter.

I have my pre order in and have seen it in action but yet to get my hands on the thing so no review yet but you can check it out at http://wwwthymegraphics.co.uk or http://www.thatsscrapinc.com

It is an absolutely amazing machine, hard to imagine improving on the Cougar but they managed it ;)
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
gj1

Re: New cutter just launched, the Silver Bullet

Post by gj1 »

Looks very nice...best wishes to all! Let us see your review, when you receive your machine...enjoy!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

gj1 wrote:Looks very nice...best wishes to all! Let us see your review, when you receive your machine...enjoy!
It's like waiting for Christmas LOL

It is a superb machine, its cuts so smooth its a joy to watch, and it comes with SCAL free :D
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

It is truly an awesome machine....I can't wait to hear your review Loupy!!!!!
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

yes the reviews should be awesome and Congrats to Sherri and Dawn on your new machines.
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

What software comes with? SCAL or MTC. I thought I read that the Black Cats are now shipping with SCAL.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

ScrappyKat wrote:What software comes with? SCAL or MTC. I thought I read that the Black Cats are now shipping with SCAL.
Yes, they come with SCAL at no extra charge, but you can also use MTC and Signcut/ Inkscape
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Although I have an Eclips, I have read the stories about what Dawn and Sherri have gone through and I wish them much success with their new cutter. I would probably have gone that route had I been able to afford it. Would love to be able to cut heavier media. Anyway, so happy for you ladies, and wish you only the best.
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

mitsim wrote:Although I have an Eclips, I have read the stories about what Dawn and Sherri have gone through and I wish them much success with their new cutter. I would probably have gone that route had I been able to afford it. Would love to be able to cut heavier media. Anyway, so happy for you ladies, and wish you only the best.
It has been a very unpleasant time for many of us owners so I cannot begin to imagine how much worse it has been for them.

To get the new machine organised, prototypes shipped over to test etc is a mammoth task in its own right never mind doing it all while having to deal with you know what at the same time.

But I am sure they will take the cutting world by storm, the Silver Bullet was featured on the Uk's most popular craft show on national TV today!
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

I so agree Loupy.......and I can honestly say....it only takes working with Sherri one time to know what AMAZING people they are!!! They TRULY AND SINCERELY have their customer's best interest at heart.....when you get to know them you become more like family then a customer.....and it makes it SO easy to WANT to support them....it truly would not matter if they were selling peanut butter.....you would KNOW it's the best peanut butter that you could get......and they stand behind what they sell!!!! That alone speaks VOLUMES!!!!!

They are the type that if the cutter they sell is not the cutter that would be best suited for you...they'll let you know and steer you in a different direction.....I don't know many that would do that......I have my cougar and I LOVE it......am totally happy with it....but whenever it does come time for a new cutter..you can bet it will be purchased from Sherri & Dawn.......The thing that is amazing about the Silver Bullet and the Black Cat for that matter is you can do SO MUCH with these machines....not just cutting paper......the possibilities are virtually endless......And another bonus for the Silver Bullets....they are being shipped with SCAL3 which has been fine tuned to work with the Silver Bullet........