New cutter just launched, the Silver Bullet

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
pastda3

Re: New cutter just launched, the Silver Bullet

Post by pastda3 »

Wow. Just Wow. :shock: I'm swooning. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with your awesome new toy.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
~lee~

Post by ~lee~ »

Oh my! :shock:
I wish I'd known this existed before I bought my eclips!
Louise-Paisley

Post by Louise-Paisley »

~lee~ wrote:Oh my! :shock:
I wish I'd known this existed before I bought my eclips!
It didn't, its only just been launched..

I think I was maybe the first in the UK to get one, depends I guess on how many were sent out, one of the first batch in any case.

They have been available a week or two in the USA and Australia.

It really is something special, but I have turned it off now and I am going to read the manual now I have sussed it out LOL
Software: Windows 7 (64 bit) - SCAL 3 - Inkscape - Illustrator CS4 - Signcut Pro
Cutter 1: Blackcat Cougar 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
Cutter 2: Phoenix Silver Bullet Pro 24" connected via Keyspan/ serial
pkfilseth

Post by pkfilseth »

Hello, Louise --

I'm new to all of this, but am very interested in the Silver Bullet Pro, because I want to be able to cut my own vector art that I create in Illustrator (CS5). I see from your signature line that you use Illustrator, and wanted to ask a bit more about how this works ... will I need to convert my Illustrator files to some other format in order to cut them with the Silver Bullet Pro -- or import them into this "SCAL" software I see mentioned in various posts -- or will the machine work directly from Illustrator?

Am also interested to here at this point, several months down the road, if you're still happy with the machine! :-) Thanks for any info you can provide ...

Paula
Angel135612

Post by Angel135612 »

You can create your design in Illustrator, but you will need to have either SCAL or Signcut to send the design to the machine in order to cut it out. The Silver Bullet is a great machine, I have had it for a few months, and I am amazed at what all I can do with it. I still have a lot to learn, but I love that this is a machine I can grow into, instead of out of.
Diane in Colorado Springs
Cutting with a 24" Silver Bullet purchased from ThatsScrapInc.com and using SCAL