HELP! SCAL2 not working on new laptop!

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Kellie Howell

HELP! SCAL2 not working on new laptop!

Post by Kellie Howell »

I had SCAL2 installed and working on my computer. Everything was great. Then I bought a laptop and installed it again - noted that the version was different. Was version2.043, now on the new computer it is version 2.030. Not a lot of difference other thant that. Has been working for just over a week - now won't go at all. Starts to cut, then cricuit machine blinks and turns off! I have deactivated SCAL2 off the old computer - but still no go on the lap top. Odly enough, the cricuit cuts when I unplug SCAL2 and just use the jasmine cartridge? Something definitely not working with the software! HELP!!
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: HELP! SCAL2 not working on new laptop!

Post by mitsim »

You should be able to have the SCAL2 version up to 2.044, so maybe if you update it to that you might get it to work again. Good luck!
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

I think this is the form you can use to obtain Version 2.044. Sorry if I'm steering you in the wrong direction.

http://craftedge.com/support/lostsw.php
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
Kellie Howell

Post by Kellie Howell »

Thank you. I de activated and then activated SCAL2 again on the new laptop and at the same time went to this link

http://craftedge.com/support/lostsw.ph

and updated the newer version!

Waaalaaaa! When I opened it for the first time - noted the new version number 2.044 and crossed everything and gave it a go! Cut perfectly!

My question, why did it when I installed disc on my laptop go from 2.043 to 2.031 to now 2.044? Interesting huh?
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

yeah, that's weird, but I'm so glad it's working for you. Yay!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Just gonna take a shot at this. If your disc was an original disc, it probably had the older version which is what you re-installed (without any updates that occurred after that.) My other guess is you have a newer operating system and needed the updates to support that system, which you have with 2.044.

Anyway, glad you got it working and be sure to backup the 2.044 update somewhere safe.
Sandy in PA
Kellie Howell

Post by Kellie Howell »

Grrr - it is now not working again! What on earth is going on! Please someone help me! I am tearing my hair out! I have updated to the new version 2.044. I have deactivated and then reactivated the disc! Pleaase please please help - this is sooooo frustrating!
Kellie Howell

Post by Kellie Howell »

You know what else I have discovered? It seems to be sporadic in when it cuts and when it does not? I wonder if the USB cable is to blame? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? So not the firmware at all?