Trace cause crash in windows 7

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
mtab

Trace cause crash in windows 7

Post by mtab »

I recently placed SCAL 2 on a new windows 7 laptop (My old desktop died). I can design and cut but when I try to trace even a small file SCAL crashes. Any ideas for a fix for this? The current machine has tons more memory than the last, which had no problem with the trace feature.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Trace cause crash in windows 7

Post by mitsim »

What version is your SCAL 2? You can upgrade it to version 2.044. So if you haven't done that, you might try it and see if it helps.
mtab

Post by mtab »

It appears I have version 2.030. How do I upgrade?
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Go to this link...have your serial number handy and you should be able to get the download as you already own it.

http://www.craftedge.com/support/lostsw.php
Sandy in PA
mtab

Post by mtab »

I did the update, and trace still causes crash instantly. there are no other programs running and if I watch the task manager the cpu usage doesn't go above 12% so I don't think it is a memory problem. As soon as I click open on the image I get the message that program has stopped responding
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Just had a similar situation with a font. It just didn't like that font. Are you trying to trace the same image when it crashes or have you tried another image? Is it an image you can upload it so someone else can give it a try?
Sandy in PA
mtab

Post by mtab »

I think it must be the graphic, I was able to trace a simple coloring page design from google. (which i was unable to do before the update) however our logo still crashes SCAL2, and I tried with SCAL3 and I get the warning file not supported. I had traced it on my old computer before so somewhere something happened to the file. It was just a simple jpeg and am able to open in photoshop etc. Thank you for your help! I thought the trace feature was lost.