Under a Cherry Tree Cutter Reviews.

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Under a Cherry Tree Cutter Reviews.

Post by jasenj1 »

Under a Cherry Tree is a very popular crafting blog. She uses "that other" software, but she did some very nice reviews of four electronic cutters that are also compatible with SCAL. Here's the reviews.

The super short summary:
She REALLY likes the Silhouette Cameo.
She did not like the Gazelle.
The Black Cat Lynx is a vinyl cutter and is overkill for scrapbooking and papercrafting.

- Jasen.
AnointedHands

Re: Under a Cherry Tree Cutter Reviews.

Post by AnointedHands »

I love my Gazelle. I have only used the Cricut machines and the Gazelle cuts rings around the Cricut. If you don't invest time to learn the machine and the software, one might not appreciate it. It has cut everything I have put under the blade and I really love the way it cuts clay.

The next machine I would get would be the Zing which is reasonably priced. I think some of the other cutters are fantastic but highly overpriced for what I do. I am interested in engraving and my Gazelle will do that if I ever get the engraving tool.

Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

I have to say the Zing isn't all that....I'm trying to return mine, but lo and behold the people I bought it from aren't taking any of them back. There seems to be TOO many variables with this machine for me. I don't really want to have to reset everything JUST to cut a slightly different piece of paper. After I dump this albatross I'll get a Eclips
lindacrew4

Post by lindacrew4 »

Beeshive, have you thought about selling the zing? Several have resold on MTC forum..
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

beeshive wrote:I have to say the Zing isn't all that....I'm trying to return mine, but lo and behold the people I bought it from aren't taking any of them back. There seems to be TOO many variables with this machine for me. I don't really want to have to reset everything JUST to cut a slightly different piece of paper. After I dump this albatross I'll get a Eclips
They said there was a no return policy way back after they started shipping them out. hopefully you can sell it.
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

AnointedHands wrote:I love my Gazelle. I have only used the Cricut machines and the Gazelle cuts rings around the Cricut. If you don't invest time to learn the machine and the software, one might not appreciate it. It has cut everything I have put under the blade and I really love the way it cuts clay.

The next machine I would get would be the Zing which is reasonably priced. I think some of the other cutters are fantastic but highly overpriced for what I do. I am interested in engraving and my Gazelle will do that if I ever get the engraving tool.

Althea
My 11 year old uses the gazelle and I use the 18"BlackCat Cougar. the gazelle is a great way for her to learn to really learn how to use the volivcity and force and how to adjust the blade she has caught one very well.
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

Well I would if I could be sure there isn't anything wrong with it. I've contacted knk- hopefully they will do the right thing.