Joining the multi-cutter crew. Cameo on the way.

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Joining the multi-cutter crew. Cameo on the way.

Post by jasenj1 »

We just ordered a Silhouette Cameo. I've been frustrated with the Cricut's print & cut performance since we bought it a couple years ago. :x I'm hoping & expecting the Cameo will do p&c very accurately for all the papercraft projects I've been wanting to do but haven't.

In preparation for the new machine, I got Silhouette Studio (SS), the SCAL 3 update, and the latest version of SCAL 2. We'll see if I keep using SCAL or switch over to Silhouette Studio. I've been using GIMP, Inkscape, and SCAL to make p&c files. Maybe SS will simplify that process, or maybe it won't be powerful enough. :roll:

Anyway, very excited to have a new toy on the way. :D :ugeek:

- Jasen.
pennsylvaniakate

Re: Joining the multi-cutter crew. Cameo on the way.

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Congrats! The Cameo is a great cutter.
pastda3

Post by pastda3 »

Jasen, I think you will be pleased. I got mine last week. This was an impulse buy for me because I really wanted to save up and buy one of the Black Cat cutters. :oops: So far I've only cut a couple of things and I was pleasantly surprised how nice and clean the cuts were. I hope this remains true for all future cuts. I haven't made a side-by-side comparison of my Cricut cuts to the Cameo, but hopefully I can get to that soon.

I don't have the patience for pNc, so I hope it works out for you. Have fun with your new toy. :)
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

Umm.... This thread is showing up in the "Cutter Reviews" sub-board. I don't know why. I'm pretty sure I posted it to "General". Unless I did something stupid.

- Jasen.