eCraft - Reviews?

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
jynclr

eCraft - Reviews?

Post by jynclr »

I have the original Cricut Expression. I'm annoyed with provocraft that they want a closed ecosystem. I mean, come on.

At anyrate, I'm looking to possibly get a new cutting machine (either that, or simply never ever upgrade ever again. LOL) and the eCraft interests me quite a bit. Amazon reviews are all over the place.

Anyone here have an eCraft machine and use SCAL with it? What do you think?

-- Jayne
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7
renees

Re: eCraft - Reviews?

Post by renees »

I bought the ecraft when it first came out because the no mat seemed to good to be true. I was never able to get the machine to work right for me and I could not remember how it was going to cut out (picture on mat isn't the same as actual cutting position) so I always loaded my paper wrong if it wasn't 12x12. Other people love the ecraft. I took my down and continued with the cricut, it was easier than fighting the ecraft. I just bought an eclips and so far haven't had any problems.
Just my thoughts.
renee
AnnK

Post by AnnK »

I bought an eCraft in July, returned it to the company twice, once for power issues (it wouldn't turn on) and the second time, they ended up sending me a new machine. I just returned that machine for a refund as it wouldn't cut and the blue light stopped working. Although I had great customer service, I would highly recommend thinking twice about getting this machine. It has a BIG learning curve and is very touchy for cutting intricate designs & different paper weights. I am getting the Sizzix eClips...a company whose product I know and trust! Hope this helps...Happy Holidays!
barnumsm

Post by barnumsm »

I don't like my ecraft. I got it to replace my CE. It doesn't work as well as my CE with the software. It recommends you use a paper stabalizer which is essentially a mat. That did not help. It cuts great using the sd card that came with it but I have not had any luck using it with SCAL at all. I am going to sell it and get something else. Anyone have any thoughts on the pazzles???