Cutters that made it to the top 10 reviews-Black Cat Cougars

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
Rachell

Cutters that made it to the top 10 reviews-Black Cat Cougars

Post by Rachell »

http://die-cutting-machines-review.toptenreviews.com/
here is a site that reviews cutters and ranks then according to their findings. Tha Blackcat Cutters made the Number 1 spot second year running.
papasue

Re: Cutters that made it to the top 10 reviews-Black Cat Cou

Post by papasue »

Rachell, I think this is "old" data. It doesn't have a publish date but since it doesn't show the eclips with eCAL I would question the rating since it says one drawback is the lack of cartridges with good images. I looked at the silhouette and it also does not list CraftEdge or MTC as providers of software that enhances the features of the machine.

It most likely applies to all the other cutters as well, if the don't date their data it is very hard to compare machines.

Let's keep looking for a more current comparison which includes CraftEdge and MTC support (including Inkscape of course.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

This is the 2012 report and was just released and shared with us by Sheri from Thatsscap inc. a Black Cat dealer. what they used to compare or how they compiled the data is of that site owner. Just passing on the information that was posted.
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

The Craft Robo and Silhouette SD are no longer available. The Cameo that replaces them only came out a few months ago, but the chart is out of date.

Also, in the review of the Silhouette and Craft Robo they left out the optical sensor for print & cut alignment. A unique feature and critical if you do that sort of crafting.

- Jasen.
Rachell

Post by Rachell »

If you feel thier information is out of date and or incorrect contact them. and give them your opinion they are that made the finding and gathered the information and made the posted of thier findings. here is there contact page http://www.techmedianetwork.com/contact/contact_us.html
As I have stated before I am passing along the information that was Shared by both the Black Cat Company owners.
I for one will say the Black Cat cutters are awesome and have cut so many types of mediums and have made some very micro to very Large craft projects, some very intracate and detailed.
I thought thie purpose of this section of the forum was to get the word out about cutters and how each compares.
I use scal3 and MTC, Inkscape and signcut.
willow

Post by willow »

I bought a blackcat cougar upgraded from CE, awesome machine, using scal and mtc with it. Love it, no having to hand finish cutting basic shapes :( . now I can cut filigree and anything that I like. Very happy with my purchase :D.

willow
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Black Cat cutters are from every thing I have heard a great machine. But it also has a pretty Hefty price tag to go with it, I myself as well as many others just cannot afford to plop down that kind of money.There are a few more machines out there right now that were not out there when this report was made.

You don't have to have the biggest and best to get a really good cut, check out all the reviews for making up your mind

Zing
E-Clips
Cameo

I can only think of a couple right now
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/
AnointedHands

Post by AnointedHands »

.....Zing
E-Clips
Cameo

I can only think of a couple right now[/quote]

@ Butterfly...I see you have the Zing. How do you like it? I have looked at it on the Papercut site and I see that it has 750g pressure so I'm wondering if you have cut any thicker medium and your opinion of the cut. I think this will be my next cutter.

Althea
Doin the Bug...ain't nothin wrong if you wanna do da Bug all nite long...
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

No I do not have the zing but I am looking hard at it and the cameo so I can start saving for one

I have cricut E and the E cutter by Craftwell
Scrappin My Way Through
Going Where I Please and Pleasing Where I Go

Windows XP, Expression, SCAL 2.041, Inkscape 47
http://darliciouscreations.weebly.com/