Cut/Media/Material Settings for Silhouette Cameo

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
pengyou

Cut/Media/Material Settings for Silhouette Cameo

Post by pengyou »

Again, I hope it is okay to post here. If I should be posting somewhere, someone please let me know.

I recently went in search of Media or Cut Settings for my new Silhouette Cameo. I was surprised to only find one site that had anything published. ExpressionsVinyl.com has it on their website: http://expressionsvinyl.com/pages/machine-settings.html

One of the cool things about the Cameo is that the Silhouette Studio software, which comes with the Cameo, automatically updates or changes its cut settings, once you select what type of media you want to cut. Of course you will NEED to at least select which type of media first, but then it will adjust the Speed and Thickness for you and tell you what Blade setting to use. In other words, NO MORE GUESSING!!! I found myself constantly having to check and manually adjust the Speed, Pressure and Blade Depth on my Cricut Expression. That is, IF I remembered to change the settings prior to cutting.

Since I use SCAL3, its even easier! When I got to cut something, I just select the type of material/media that I am cutting from the drop-down menu. Once you select the material/media, SCAL3 automatically adjusts the Speed and Pressure for you. How cool is that?!?!

Now keep in mind that I am new to SCAL3, since I had to use SCAL2 with my Cricut Expression. If you are still using an Expression and SCAL2, you will LOVE SCAL3!!!
Cricut Expression, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), SCAL 2.029
Silhouette Cameo, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), SCAL 3.018
pastda3

Re: Cut/Media/Material Settings for Silhouette Cameo

Post by pastda3 »

Since I use SCAL3, its even easier! When I got to cut something, I just select the type of material/media that I am cutting from the drop-down menu. Once you select the material/media, SCAL3 automatically adjusts the Speed and Pressure for you. How cool is that?!?!
It is really good to know that it works WITH SCAL to automatically adjust the settings. That's a plus in my book. I again thank you for your opinions, reviews and experiences with the Cameo.
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

This is a great place to post you cameo experiences. Keep them coming and thank you.
Sandy in PA
scrappindeb

Post by scrappindeb »

Thank you so much for the updates on the Cameo. It just reinforces what I machine I want buy once the E dies. :)
Scrappindeb

Have SCAL 2.044, Cricut Expression
frkrhe

Post by frkrhe »

Thank you. I don't want to wait for my Cricut to die (too many cartridges invested as well) and have been reading some great things about the Cameo. I love hearing how user friendly this machine seems to work.
scrappinvt

Post by scrappinvt »

I wanted to cut my photo out into a circle shape. I open the photo I wanted to cut in the cameo, made my circle the size i wanted to cut placed over my photo where I wanted to cut. Changed the circle to the cut line & cut my picture!! It was very easy! I am loving this cameo!