Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sandyj

Re: Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Post by sandyj »

janekinso wrote:I may be confused, but I thought that the whole idea behind SCAL was to allow people to create without using cartidges. I watched the CHA video, and what I got from it was that the Sizzix uses cartridges. Also, the cutter seems to me to be a titch more complicated to use than my Expression. Am I on another planet?? :oops:
Sizzix does use carts. SCAL will make it possible to use it without carts. Isn't that what everybody wanted PC to do? I would think people would be saying "yeah!".

It does look a titch more complicated, then again, it does more complex stuff.

I'm with you, gj1. I never understood the hullaboo over pc. When we bought cricuts, we knew it was cart based. I knew I was taking a chance buying scal since it wasn't put out by pc. It worked out, but if they did something early on to stop it, I wouldn't have blamed them (or scal). I never got why folks went nuts when pc tried to stop people from doing something they said you couldn't do in the first place.
lizhagag

Post by lizhagag »

i just bought the eclips and recieved it today. i only got it because of the news that it will work on the computer with a program. i always wanted the eclips since they released it but didnt want a machine with carts. this is great news and im waiting for the scal program for it to be released!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for making this happen sizzix and SCAL. :D
Liz
papasue

Post by papasue »

I'm interested in the Sizzex. If I read this correctly it will have another version of SCAL, not SCAL3 and I sure hope it works on a MAC when it first comes out. Anybody heard anything???

I've watched all the video's I can find and it seems to me we won't have to use the controller as the machine should plug right into the computer via the USB port.

I'll lurk and see what's happening.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lesliefolks

Post by lesliefolks »

GREAT to know!! I have been trying to figure out what new cutter I was going to have get now..looks like sizzix!!!
papasue

Post by papasue »

I attended a Scrapbook Expo on Friday here in Santa Clara. I spent about half and hour in the Sissix booth getting a demo of the Eclips. Although it uses carts, which are fine for those who like them the fact that SCAL will run on it in a few month, hopefully intrigued me.

There are lots of features that I LOVE. One being that the blade mechanism is outside/above the inside of the machine. You can load full size pens (tall) into the machine. It has a laser feature that allows for SEEING where you are going to cut before you do it which makes PnC almost fullproof, you can move the cut head where you want it exactly, it recognizes "fold" lines for those of you who make boxes and need that feature.

I'm not sold on the separate "controller" that you use to do all of this but it does make it easily accessible for non-computer users. I'm hoping that when CE does get the software out that the " controller" will mean that you don't have to use it if you have the SCAL software.

It is not cheap, I read that the price is about 499.00 but who knows where the price will be by the time SCAL comes out. The carts are reasonably priced at about $40.00.

I'm keeping my eye on this one!
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
lizhagag

Post by lizhagag »

lesliefolks wrote:GREAT to know!! I have been trying to figure out what new cutter I was going to have get now..looks like sizzix!!!
i bought the eclips on sale for $190 on sale and i think for those who go to crops and trael with their scrapbooking stuff can take it along with them if they use the carts. from what i understand is that a new SCAL program is being built just for the eclips because of its special futures. the machine is currently on sale at ohmycrafts.com for $249 thats where i bought mine and their carts are on sale for $24. they always have awesome sales!
timlee

Post by timlee »

Well, I also just ordered my Sizzix Eclips because Sure Cuts A Lot will be supporting it. Hope they don't disappoint....
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You are lucky...enjoy!
timlee

Post by timlee »

Got my Sizzix Eclips. So is there date when we can expect the Sizzix version of Sure Cuts A Lot to be out? I can't wait!!!
papasue

Post by papasue »

Not that I know of.
Sorry, generally it comes out when it does.
Susan E

eClips2.