Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Sizzix eclips + Sure Cuts a Lot

Post by sstehman »

You get 1 cart with the eClips. If you use eCal, this one cart is all you need to have in place for the machine to function. No need to purchase any other carts if you do not want to, however, saying that their carts are much more reasonably priced than the other folks.

You do not need SCAL3 if you have eCAL.

Further, Sizzix has a direct relationship with CE on this product, so there should not be any issues on issues to block the software.

Hope that answers your questions.
Sandy in PA
lovemycatkellar

Post by lovemycatkellar »

Thank you Sandy that just helps me enough to move closer to that purchase of eClips! It will make me feel easier knowing that eClips supports 3rd party software. That was smart on their part for the long run!
Melody from Alabama
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Just to clarify. SCAL3 does not work with the eclips. You need eCAL, which is a version of SCAL that was written to access the Eclips' extra features. And, although you do get a cartridge with the eclips, it is not used at all with eCAL. The eclips' cartridges are placed in the "remote" that comes with the cutter. However, when you use the eCAL software, you totally unplug the remote and use that plug to plug the eclips into your computer. You then use all your computer fonts and your svg files to cut. Hope that makes sense! It's an awesome machine, by the way. I love mine!
lovemycatkellar

Post by lovemycatkellar »

Great, that is awesome and now I am sold, sold, sold. I have the confidence that Sizzix and SCAL are friends and I won't get into he boat I am now with my Cricut. Thanks
Melody from Alabama
nhagal

Post by nhagal »

The more I use my eclips, the more I love it! I haven't plugged in my bug in for nearly a couple of months now. I'm glad I chose this as my upgrade
Jan
Creativity Nurtures the Soul!
Blog: http://izbzee.typepad.com
MAC: el Capitan, eCal 1.506; eCal 2.030
PC: Win10, inkscape, PSE6,eCal 1.508; eCal 2.030
alliellis

Post by alliellis »

I love my eclips too. Have not found anything I don't like.
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

I own a Black Cat Lynx...but am VERY IMPRESSED with what I've seen of the EClipse.......I'm super excited for Brandon and ECal/Eclipse partnership...
katiep1959

Post by katiep1959 »

I am mega excited. My expression firmware updated when I changed laptops and I hated myself immediately because I knew it meant SCAL2 wouldn't work any longer :oops: However this means I can sell it and now buy the Eclips which looks fantastic and get the ecal software - yay!!! :D
jax3cats

Post by jax3cats »

katiep1959 wrote:I am mega excited. My expression firmware updated when I changed laptops and I hated myself immediately because I knew it meant SCAL2 wouldn't work any longer :oops: However this means I can sell it and now buy the Eclips which looks fantastic and get the ecal software - yay!!! :D
Do yourself a favor and find a different cutter that will work with a more stable software. I have had my eClips for less than three months and my excitement for it has gone out the window because trying to do even the simplest design in eCal causes the software to freeze up and crash.

My computer is plenty powerful enough and I can run other cutting software (Make the Cut, Gazelle Funtime, AND Silhouette Studio Designer Edition) and create much more elaborate designs without even a hiccup, but I can't even wrap text to path in eCal without it crashing.

It's possible SCAL is very good software, but I don't think the relationship between eCal and the eClips is very good yet. I think both Sizzix and CraftEdge rushed to release their products before they were fully tested and they still have a LOT of kinks to work out. I have resorted to using one of my other programs to design everything, then export them to SVG and import them into eCal just to cut them. I have given up on the hope of ever being able to use the software to actually design anything.

And don't even get me started on the Print2Cut. I'm still trying to figure out why, even after calibrating the laser and making sure all 3 registration marks are dead on, the machine cuts 1 1/2 INCHES to the right of the image.
dsfhvb

Post by dsfhvb »

removed by moderator