Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Discuss various cutting machines for SCAL
beeshive

Re: Important Announcement: SCAL 1 and 2

Post by beeshive »

Mixed reviews on that one, but I've heard The sizzex will work with SCAL. I wanted print & cut capabilities too, so that's why I chose the way I chose. I'll post a review of it when I get hothands on the knk.
LadyBug

Post by LadyBug »

I was able to get the installer file but it looks like I haven't updated in awhile, I am using 2.010 and the latest was 2.044. Since I'm not having any issues and everything is working ok, should I update to the latest version?
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

I would...definitely.
azmommy

Post by azmommy »

I am new here. Desperate, and in search of help.
I purchased an expression machine at Christmas time last year. Then I purchased SCAL2 to use with it.

This morning, I turn the machine on, try to make a cut using the scal2 program and it is telling me cricut machine not found. I've checked all the cords, restarted my computer, even made a cut just using the cartridge to be sure the machine works. It does, it cut.

I went to a link that was emailed to me by craftedge a few months back. I was having issues with it freezing then. I clicked on that and tried to redownload, nothing works.

I have no idea how the files work behind the scenes on my computer. I see a scal icon on my desktop, a setupexe for scal on my desktop, and a scal systeminfo icon as well. I open them, I don't undertand how to figure out if I am using the right files to make sure it is all communicating correctly.. PLEASE HELP.
Heidi
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

You had already purchased SCAL2 right? Since I think May they haven't sold any new copies of SCAL2.
http://www.craftedge.com/support/lostsw.php Craftedge posted it a while back...but make sure you have the most recent driver. Your firmware should be ok on the Cricut. You can definitely send craftedge a email about this. Since it seems your alright as far as your purchase date.
Take a deep breath consider yourself one of the lucky ones ;)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

drive installer at the very bottom of this page.

http://www.craftedge.com/download/download.html
azmommy

Post by azmommy »

I had purchased the program back in January or Feb I think of this year. It was before the lawsuit was final.

I looked under my device manager and I do not see the usb converter there.

The thing that is troubling me is that I've been using the cricut and scal2 for months now, on a daily basis. Just made a cut on Monday and worked fine.

I go to use it today and have this trouble? I'm not sure what could have happened.
The only thing I can think of is my children could have been pressing keys on the keyboard and have done something? I don' t know.

If I click on the link here on this site to downlaod the lastest usb to I want to run or save?? Can you tell I know NOTHING about computers!!
beeshive

Post by beeshive »

Run it
azmommy

Post by azmommy »

when i click on the the link to install the latest driver, it shows a screen shot of what your device manager should look like if it is installed. I did click on the link, It did tell me it was installing, but the program is still not communicationg with the cricut.

When I look under my device manager, I see no serial converter usb port that the screen shot is showing should be there. I'm sorry to go on and on. I just don't know what could have happened here. As I said, have been using this program with the cricut for months on a daily basis. Worked fine. Went to turn it on today and have this mess.

If I open SCAL2, I can type, design do anything but cut.. When I try to cut, it tells me cricut machine not found...

I know the machine works because I made a cut using the cartridge.. It's like they are not able to communicate with eachother to cut.. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would make this happen? and where I can start to trouble shoot??
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Start by shutting off the cutter and close SCAL2...now open SCAL2 and turn on the cutter...if you hear a ding ding...it is recognized...if not then you need to contact support and tell them your operating system and explain all of this to them.