how to flip horz pattern

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
wyndham

how to flip horz pattern

Post by wyndham »

I'm further along but have run into a problem flipping a pattern. as an example I chose a left arrow from the library , copy and pasted it then horz flip. so far so good I have a right and left arrow with no fill.
I chose the left arrow , went to the patterns and filled it with the leopard spot pattern. chose the right arrow went to pattern fill chose the same pattern but checked the flip horz box but it filled the rt arrow with the same pattern, without a flip.
In making earrings I need to have mirror image left & rt.
What am I missing on the feature Thanks Wyndham
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: how to flip horz pattern

Post by HeatherM »

It is working for me in eCAL but while the pattern flips, it isn't an exact mirror. I don't work with patterns in SCAL/eCAL and I'm not using the current versions of SCAL so maybe someone else will have a better answer, but you may need to learn another program to get exact mirrors.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, did you try to copy/paste the one that filled and then flip it horizontal instead of filling a second one? Just curious if that works. I tried it and it seemed to but without the pattern you are using then I cannot test it.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
wyndham

Post by wyndham »

I got it to work using the rotation tool and the mirror horz tool. Took awhile to figure out as the docs don't seem to cover this well or I just missed it.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

You don't say what version you are using, but if you are using SCAL4 or eCAL2 you should report it to Craft Edge as a bug.