Forcing cutting order

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
pedwards2932

Forcing cutting order

Post by pedwards2932 »

I cut balsa wood with my Sizzix and it works great but it would really work better if I could force it to make the cross grain cuts first then the cuts that are with the grain. Is there an easy way to do this? I have been using Inkscape to trace my plans and then importing into eCAL. I could try to draw in layers and make all cross grain cuts in one layer but it is bit harder to do it this way. Just wondered if there is an easy way to do this. Thanks.
papasue

Re: Forcing cutting order

Post by papasue »

Hi, I hope I understand what you want to do but just in case. Do you want to cut the two separate files one for each grain so you can overlay one on top of the other.? If you want to post the file you have so we can see where you want to go with the cuts it would help as there may be a better answer.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pedwards2932

Re: Forcing cutting order

Post by pedwards2932 »

I have included a picture of a typical wing rib with arrows showing cross grain and with grain cuts. I want to make all cross grain cuts first and it takes about 3 passes to complete them then do the with the grain cuts. What this does is it makes much more accurate cuts where there is a 90 degree intersection of cross grain/with grain. Hope this makes sense. I could draw these in multiple layers but it would be much easier if there is a way to take the SVG file and break it apart into seperate lines.
Attachments
This is a picture of a typical wing rib.  Yellow arrows indicate cross grain cuts and red are with grain cuts.
This is a picture of a typical wing rib. Yellow arrows indicate cross grain cuts and red are with grain cuts.
Capture.jpg (18.58 KiB) Viewed 3646 times