How to add shapes to ecal2 Library

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
dmeclips

How to add shapes to ecal2 Library

Post by dmeclips »

After searching the forums it appears that as of 2014 it isn't possible to add purchased shapes to the Library in ecal2. Is that still true?

The shapes I'm trying to add were NOT purchased from the Sizzix Shape Store. I'm not sure if that's relevant though. I'm referring to svg files that I'd like to use by clicking the picture in the Library while using ecal2.

Thanks for any input you can offer.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: How to add shapes to ecal2 Library

Post by sstehman »

To put svg's in your library, there is a "CraftEdge" folder that is placed in your "documents" folder on installation to your computer. Within that folder there is a "My Designs" folder. You can place your svg's in that folder and when opening eCAL2, you will find those files in your Library (Go to Window tab - library on drop down list) if it does not open automatically.

You may have to restart eCAL2 if it is open at the time you organize you files for it to recognize them.

Hope this answers your question.
Sandy in PA
dmeclips

Re: How to add shapes to ecal2 Library

Post by dmeclips »

Thanks, Sandy. Your instructions worked perfectly. After moving the files to the proper directory and restarting ecal2 the shapes showed up in the Library.

Actually, I had other shapes in there already so it looks like I'd done this before and had forgotten about it. This time I've copied your instructions into Evernote. For next time I forget. Duh.