selecting layers that are turned on

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
LANUNEMAKER

selecting layers that are turned on

Post by LANUNEMAKER »

Hello!
I am a newbie here and a cameo converter. I've watched several videos and consider myself pretty tech savvy. However, I cannot get this one simple feature to work. If I open a traced file and say I want to clean it up a bit. I turn off all layers except the layer I want to clean up. I break it apart. I then turn everything off that I want to keep and try to select the shards that are left by using the selection tool and drawing a box around everything that is showing on the mat. When I hit delete, it deletes everything including the layers I have turned off. I watched several videos where you can select it by drawing a box around it and delete and then turn your other layers back on. This is also how it works in the Silhouette software, so I am familiar with the feature. It just doesn't let me select only those layers that are turned on unless I individually click on each layer and delete one by one. Also, can you not select a range of multiple layers by holding shift and clicking on the first and last layer ? If so, I can't do that either.

Also, it will not let me select only the layers turned on, if I draw a box around the area, it selects every layer off and on in the layers pallet. If I want to delete shards, I literally have to go in an do it layer by layer by layer one at a time.
Lorrie Nunemaker
Blog: http://lorriesstory.com

Imac & Macbook Pro 10.9.3 OS
Eclips 2
Ecal 1.502
papasue

Re: selecting layers that are turned on

Post by papasue »

Lorrie, if you can post the file without violating copyright it might help diagnose what is going on. If you cannot post the file then can you do a screen capture of the layers panel…one with all the layers "on" and one with the ones turned off. It could be that you have "groups" interfering with selecting pieces.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.