ecal p2c with update using Eclips (not Eclips2)

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

ecal p2c with update using Eclips (not Eclips2)

Post by mitsim »

I've had a bit of time now to use the updated ECAL with my original Eclips, and like some of the features. Mostly it works just fine.
Prior to the update, I had become a print2cut fanatic. I had it down and it was cutting perfectly. Since installing the new update on the software, my p2c cuts are no longer so perfect. I have calibrated...a couple of times to be sure. But, it cuts down and to the right of my print. I'm working on getting it closer, and am nudging the cut file to the left and up from the print file. I've almost got it ok, but really wish that I didn't have to play around with it like that.
I heard that the p2c worked much better with the new Eclips2, but it was working perfect for me on my original one.

My only other wish list item is that the text tool have the ability to 'return' to type multiple lines without having to start a new text line.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them! Thanks.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: ecal p2c with update using Eclips (not Eclips2)

Post by HeatherM »

I had the same problem with P2C with the new version. I posted a bunch of things that aren't right with eCAL 1.501 here. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40352
and photos of my P2C test here. viewtopic.php?t=40299&p=130029#p130029

I hope that the P2C is fixed soon since that is now my main use for my eClips. I'm not overly crazy about the new version. It seems like it takes more clicks to do anything since so many things have been lumped together.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I've been keeping most copies of all of the versions since they came out. Wonder if I should re-install the last version until things are worked out.
OnlyOzzie

Post by OnlyOzzie »

:shock: I too am having the same problem. Old version worked great. After this update... Booom.... My Print-2-Cuts are off to the right and down. Also, I no longer have the ability to change the amount of Print Registration marks. There use to be a TAB name eclips under EDIT->PREFRENCES and then I would click on the eclips TAB. Also there use to be a Print-2-Cut TAB in the same EDIT->PREFRENCES that would allow you to play with some settings (Just in case it was off). Now neither of those 2 TAB are available??? Anyone else seen this?? Of course we can see people are experiencing the Print-2-Cut feature is off to the right and down BUT HAVE YOU LOST YOUR ECLIPS AND PRINT-2-CUT tabs under the EDIT->PREFRENCES menu??

Just a little bit agitated... The reason for my eClips was for the PRINT-2-CUT FEATURE. Worst thing is I never saved my old install files.... :-(

So can someone spare old version install files while CRAFT EDGE decides to fix these bugs....

So I am asking 2 THINGS (to our fellow forum members)
1. Is your ECLIPS and PRINT-2-CUT tabs gone from the EDIT->PREFRENCES menu
2. Can anyone host/share/email a copy of the old version of eCAL software!!! :shock:

Thanks to all...
~OnlyOzzie~
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

Settings were moved to the Cutter Settings window, which is accessible under the Cutter menu or the Settings button when you click to cut your design.

If you need a previous version of the software, you can email support@craftedge.com

If p2c is off (even after calibrating) can you post the values you have for the following:
Cutter (menu) -> Laser Calibration Setup -> Edit Values (button). Need the X and Y values.

Cutter (menu) -> Cutter Settings...: Values X/Y Resolution; Blade Offset; Mark offset,size,thickness; Blade Origin Offset
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I updated to 1.502 today and tried P2C again (Mavericks). Still cutting up and to the left. Settings after calibrating are:
X: 1.008
Y: 0.185

X res: 1.000
Y res: 1.000
Blade offset: 0.70

Mark offset: 0.10
Mark size: 1.00
Mark thickness: 0.25

Blade origin offset:
X: 0.00
Y: 0.00

All of my previous reported problems are still present, plus png images with transparent backgrounds are importing with a gray fill that can't be removed. The gray fill does print.
hmd

Post by hmd »

I am having the same problem since updating to the two newest versions. Print to cut used to work almost flawlessly with the old version, now the program will not let me calibrate, and all cuts are off to the bottom and right. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
papasue

Post by papasue »

hmd wrote:I am having the same problem since updating to the two newest versions. Print to cut used to work almost flawlessly with the old version, now the program will not let me calibrate, and all cuts are off to the bottom and right. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
See above post from craftedge! You can request an earlier vs of eCal directly and wait until 1 5x gets fixed. Just ask for the last vs that worked for you!
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.