Lastest Ecal software upgrade glitch

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
mjlarson53

Lastest Ecal software upgrade glitch

Post by mjlarson53 »

I downloaded the most recent version of Ecal last friday for my Eclips, and it's been a sad nightmare since. I can't open several of my cutting files I was able to use before in ecal, and those that do open cut maybe 2 images ok, but then the rest are all misshapen and askew on the mat. I have 2 eclips machines and it's the same on both. My friend is having the same problems after she downloaded the upgrade! I contacted support right away and they said to send a file I couldn't open so they could check it out but I've yet to hear back.

I've unplugged all the cords and the power from the wall, rebooted my computer, I've done it all over and over. And when I downloaded the software I was careful to click on the Eclips, not the Eclips2 choice. Even said a prayer for the machine! :-)

I just want to know if anyone else is having these issues with the latest upgrade of ecal on their eclips machines? The new software upgrade looks really fun with the access to the image store now, and they have some pretty awesome images! but is it really just meant for the new Eclips 2 machine? Maybe our older eclips just don't have the brain power? :-)
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Lastest Ecal software upgrade glitch

Post by mitsim »

I had updated, but not really opened anything yet. I just went in and open projects, and imported svg files, and they all opened perfectly. Sorry you're having trouble!
izziah

Post by izziah »

I have had a similar problem trying to open .scut3 files. I save them on my eClips 1.5 software and then when I try to open them they are not recognised - opaquely visible but unable to be selected. My .svg files open without a problem, however, if I try to save them as .scut3 the same problem occurs. Other glitches include difficulty accessing my library and folders. I use a mac - Mavericks 10.9.2. I am considering uninstalling 1.5 and running my previous version.
OnlyOzzie

Post by OnlyOzzie »

:shock: I too am having an issue with the PRINT-2-CUT feature after the upgrade. Old version worked great. After this update... Booom.... My Print-2-Cuts are off to the right and down. Also, I no longer have the ability to change the amount of Print Registration marks. There use to be a TAB name eclips under EDIT->PREFRENCES and then I would click on the eclips TAB. Also there use to be a Print-2-Cut TAB in the same EDIT->PREFRENCES that would allow you to play with some settings (Just in case it was off). Now neither of those 2 TAB are available??? Anyone else seen this?? Of course we can see people are experiencing the Print-2-Cut feature is off to the right and down BUT HAVE YOU LOST YOUR ECLIPS AND PRINT-2-CUT tabs under the EDIT->PREFRENCES menu??

Just a little bit agitated... The reason for my eClips was for the PRINT-2-CUT FEATURE. Worst thing is I never saved my old install files.... :-(

So can someone spare old version install files while CRAFT EDGE decides to fix these bugs....

So I am asking 2 THINGS (to our fellow forum members)
1. Is your ECLIPS and PRINT-2-CUT tabs gone from the EDIT->PREFRENCES menu
2. Can anyone host/share/email a copy of the old version of eCAL software!!! :shock:

Thanks to all...
~OnlyOzzie~
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

If you are having problems opening project files, can you please post a few that are not working or send them to support@craftedge.com so we can test them out

Print2Cut settings were moved to the Cutter Settings window accessible from the Cutter menu or when you choose to Cut there is a Settings button added there.