Update eCAL 1.500

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
papasue

Update eCAL 1.500

Post by papasue »

An update has been posted. New vs is 1.500. So far so good. There is a new link under the file menu to go to the eshapes store. So far I have not been able to sign in to it but it may be "me" not them. Also a couple of other options that I haven't totally explored. So if you figure things out it would help if you post what you find…and don't find, what is working and how etc. :D

It appears that you have to choose sync my library first and then create an account with the eshop store. ????
Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 8.39.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 8.39.46 AM.png (44.61 KiB) Viewed 6786 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Update eCAL 1.500

Post by mitsim »

I have downloaded and installed, and seems to be working fine. I was able to get into the store just fine, and downloaded a few of the free files. I didn't even sync, and they ended up in my library.
Once of the differences is that the score pressure is not in the regular preferences anymore. You have to go to your cut menu, and then you'll see "model" and your cutter name. The preferences for that are now right next to that.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Thanks Mitzi, I now can get into the store and downloaded one or two. I expected and found them in my Mac Download folder and they didn't open as the extension was wrong. Finally found them in "my library" and it works just as you said.

I now have to remember to delete them from my download folder….a bit of a pain if you ask me!

I'll keep poking and see what else I can find and please do the same.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

mitsim wrote:Once of the differences is that the score pressure is not in the regular preferences anymore. You have to go to your cut menu, and then you'll see "model" and your cutter name. The preferences for that are now right next to that.
Thank you for posting where to find the print settings. I wouldn't have checked there if you hadn't posted that, and would have been growling about it. :roll:

This update seems to have fixed the problem with the custom P2C settings. Yay!
katrinacathcart

Post by katrinacathcart »

After installing 1.5 I have all kinds of weird things happening. When using print 2 cut I cannot use my right mouse button in the layers panel. Print to cut does not work properly. I use this function all of the time and have no problems with the old version. I installed 1.5 twice and have he same problems. Reverted to the old version and all works well. Any one else having problems? I am using windows 7
Last edited by katrinacathcart on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandyj

Post by sandyj »

Yes, p2c isn't working right for me, the alignment is way off. Just to check, I reverted to the last version, set up, printed out and cut a file. It did reasonably well, I never get it perfect. Then reinstalled 1.5 and used the exact same file - it was way off (again). I realigned the laser before each cut, so it's not the machine.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

Which operating system is being used? (Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9)

If the p2c is off, is it always off by the same distance?

Are you using 2 or 3 mark registration?

If you place a 1x1 inch square at a specific location in the software, and then do a normal cut, does it cut at that location on the mat?
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

I just used 1.500 for P2C with some digi stamps and it was off by quite a bit in both x and y. I'm using Mac OSX 10.9. I calibrated the laser before cutting and I'm using 3 registration marks. I will cut a square test pattern later.
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

I used the same file for both of these cuts. The upper left square was positioned one inch from the corner and the file wasn't moved for either cut.

Also, I noticed that you can adjust the origin with the new eClips. As you can see, my cutter isn't cutting where it should anymore and it would be nice to be able to adjust it.
Attachments
Same file with Print2Cut.  File was not moved and square was still 1 inch from corner.
Same file with Print2Cut. File was not moved and square was still 1 inch from corner.
eCAL squaretest p2cut.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 6599 times
File cut with square 1 inch from corner.
File cut with square 1 inch from corner.
eCAL squaretest cut only.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 6599 times