eCal and eClips2 You Tube Demo

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

eCal and eClips2 You Tube Demo

Post by sstehman »

FYI - here is a link to the up and coming eClips2 using eCAL. So excited to see the improvement and "the future of the tablet/bluetooth" feature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_nFM1 ... e=youtu.be
Sandy in PA
papasue

Re: eCal and eClips2 You Tube Demo

Post by papasue »

A TABLET version, now I'm stoked. I'd love to have this one for traveling. Don't think I need the blue-tooth version of the eclips so hope that I can get the tablet version separately and IF I can send the file to my computer and use it with the eclips2 would be really nice.

The guy on the video said eCAL but never said CraftEdge???? what's up with that do you think?

HOLDING MY BREATH waiting, waiting, waiting for the launch!

Thanks,
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Susan, You need the bluetooth version to use with a tablet. Almost makes me wish I was still looking for machines. I like that the bluetooth version is supposed to detect the registration marks automatically. I love my current eClips though and use it even more than my old bugs.

ETA: It would have been nice if the original eClips had been offered without the controller too as a cost saving option. My controller has never been out of the box and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Heather, I understand that I could not "cut" from the tablet to a non-bluetooth device but was wondering if I could design on the tablet and save the file to open in eCAL on my desktop to cut on the eclips2. I most likely will get the eclips2 but not the bluetooth as I most likely will not travel with the cutter :P
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

LOL Susan, I guess I'm just set in my ways, because I would rather go the other way- design on my computer and cut from the iPad. I like having the bigger screen to work on, though the touch screen might be nice. It's funny how often I try to use touch screens out of habit where there aren't any. :lol:
papasue

Post by papasue »

We are retired and travel sometimes for 2-3 weeks at a time and I miss my Inkscape/ecal a lot. I do not have a laptop so if I want to be able to amuse myself in the evenings I would love to be able to doodle a design in ecal2 or is it ecal lite (I've seen it referenced both ways) on the tablet, edit it and email it home to cut when I get there. My DH who take his laptop is not pleased to have me load software and images on it.

I guess we will just wait and see what CE does. Hopefully it will be like the conversion from SCAL2 to SCAL3 where the files are somewhat compatible and can be opened in both by changing the ext.

Thanks for the conversation!
Susan E

eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I do 2 scrapbook weekends a year (one coming up this weekend) and during the summer -- pack it all and head to my camper...cutter and all. Also stoked with the new machines coming out. Not sure why they don't mention CraftEdge, but they are promoting their product and that eCAL is part of the package.

Really liked the idea of the tablet. Had inquired about this quite some time ago and felt it was in the works. Glad to see it is becoming a reality. I've intentionally held off getting a tablet in the hopes this would come about.

Another toy to hide from my husband. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sandy in PA
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

Well, I guess that since Craftedge makes ECAL, and since it is a proprietory software (made only for that machine, and no other software will run the machine), maybe they don't feel it necessary as there is no possibility of competition. Unless, of course, Craftedge somehow sold the software design to Sizzix? But I certainly doubt that since it's so close to SCAL and that just wouldn't make sense. Well, I don't know. Would be curious to find out also.