URGENT! HELP!!! New to eCAL - can't get device to work

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
mmurdock320

URGENT! HELP!!! New to eCAL - can't get device to work

Post by mmurdock320 »

Hi, I am new to all of this and have had quite a time (I'm on my 8th straight hour) of getting the device installed. I am working on my Macbook Pro 10.8 so when I downloaded the Mac version, it said it's not compatible with my version of Mac. I have Parallels 7 running Windows 7, so I downloaded the Windows version. After 6 hours of reconfiguring my parallels, I finally recognize the Sizzix device. I was literally jumping for joy! Then I tried to test so I could calibrate and get these things printed (we were going to a halloween party tonight but if I don't get these printed, the costume will be incomplete. We have 3 parties next week and I've spent $400 (not counting the Cricut machine that Michael's assured me could load my own font) on just this part of the costume!!!!
It DOES recognize the device in eCal, but it won't respond the the test and now it's frozen in "Initializing"! I am now 90% positive it is not my computer. Can anyone please help? I have emailed Sure Cuts A Lot with no response and their closed until Monday. Has anyone completed this successfully?
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: URGENT! HELP!!! New to eCAL - can't get device to work

Post by mitsim »

So sorry you're having problems. I'm using ecal on a Windows 7 computer, and the installation was unremarkable. I was able to install it and begin cutting immediately. Don't know why your having problems, but I don't have a mac either.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Just ran into issues with eCAL too. I am using MacPro 10.8 and eCAL crashes every time on opening. Send all the crash report detail to CE and will wait to see what they say. Tried to install 1.016 and still no luck opening. Makes me think possibly something happened with one of the Mac Updates? Have no clue.
Sandy in PA
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

When using the eclips with your computer, make sure you are connecting the eclips directly to your computer. Avoid using a USB hub or plugging into a USB port on any peripheral like your keyboard.

Also make sure you are not connecting the handheld controller if you are using your eclips with your computer. The split USB cable that comes with the eclips can possibly cause confusion.

So you either connect
eclips to the computer
or
eclips to the controller

Never both at the same time.
bessiejones

Post by bessiejones »

I am having the same problem. Anyone find a solution yet?
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Did the posters try the solution from CraftEdge yet? It helps if you post that you have solved the problem as others can then search for solutions that have been successful.
Sandy in PA