soooooo aggravated!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
nuzzmark

soooooo aggravated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by nuzzmark »

I recently bought & installed Trend Micro Antivirus on my pc. Shortly after I downloaded it, I went to open eCal for a project & up comes the warning sign from Trend Micro saying that this isn't safe. I clicked "ok" by accident & I couldn't use eCal anymore. I had to call Trend Micro & told them I didn't like that their product would get rid of something I've been using for a couple of years with no problem. The first time trying to get eCal back on my pc was a nightmare. They said not to click "ok" for Trend Micro to disable eCal should it show up again. I went on the site & unchecked whatever I had to for it not to get rid of anything without my approval. So, Friday...the same thing, only there was no warning. I went to my control panel, uninstalled eCal & reinstalled it again. I could use it. Just now, the same thing happened. Again, I uninstalled eCal & got it back again. I am so grateful that Craft Edge is not saying "What the heck is going on???" I do have my serial number so that's not a problem.
Has anyone encountered this with an antivirus? I used to have avg & malware bytes, the free versions, but had to get rid of them because of Trend Micro. I'd uninstall that, but I paid for 2 years of it. The only thing I can think of is calling Trend Micro tomorrow & asking for my money back. Yeah....like that's going to happen!!!!
Any ideas out there????
Thanks bunches...
Clara
papasue

Re: soooooo aggravated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by papasue »

You might try Craftedge support and see if they know what to do.

http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.html
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: soooooo aggravated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sstehman »

Sounds quite strange. I would contact them again and ask them if there is a setting that requires "notification" and "approval by you" prior to making any changes to your applications or operating system. I would be concerned about using any software that makes changes without warning or notifying me.
Sandy in PA