MyDesign Library in eCal Information

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

MyDesign Library in eCal Information

Post by sstehman »

Not sure how many of you are using the MyDesign or MyProjects feature in eCAL, but wanted to share a discovery with you that I have passed on to CraftEdge in how the files/folders in these areas are working. The image I am posting will help the explanation.

In the CraftEdge folder that is within your computers MyDocuments folder, you will see a folder for MyDesigns and one for MyProjects. If you like file management (which I do), you may have one top level folder that holds all of your different category folders of file you have collected. So, I have an SVG files folder and within that I have various categories, such as Alphabets, Baby, Holidays, etc. I even have subfolders within these to organize my files.

So...in the MyDesign folders, once you have subfolders, you CANNOT have stray files that do not reside in folder. If you do (and you use the MyDesign feature in eCAL, you will not see those stray (or stand alone files) that are not in a subfolder. To get around this, I have a misc. folder so there are no stand alone files.

The next issue is, it will only see SVG files. It will not see your scut3 files.

So....if you are looking in the MyDesigns folder, you are not necessarily seeing all of the files you might have available.

The scut3 files will only be seen in your MyProjects Folder.

The problem with that is you must keep almost two parallel top level folders of all of your file system categories, which is cumbersome to me. I

I asked CE if they could take a look at that and possibly have just one place where all of your SVG's and scut3's could be seen.

When you look at the image I am posting, you will see a folder for "Banners" that is in my SVG files folder. The svg files you see in the image will not be seen in the MYDesign window pane (so you won't know they exist), but I will be able to explore my folders
and see what is in each of them. And I will not see any scut3 files.

Hope this makes sense and the only way it works for right now is to make sure you have all svg's in folders and scut3's in the MyProjects folder.

Sorry this is so long, but I hope CE will take a look see so this is a little user friendly.
Attachments
Banners.png
Banners.png (23.88 KiB) Viewed 2830 times
Sandy in PA
papasue

Re: MyDesign Library in eCal Information

Post by papasue »

TKS sandy, good to know, I have saved to MD and MP but went back to mt trusty desktop. I will wait to see if CE fixes it in the next rev and then give it a go.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

It really is an awesome feature. You see all of your actual images right there in eCAL. It just needs a few fixes and it will be an amazing addition to the user friendliness of the software. Your images are still all on your hard drive, just more accessible from eCAL.
Sandy in PA
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

I stand corrected, those stray files are in the very first top level folder for all of my categories. Now if I can just see the scut, png's and jpgs....unless I'm missing them too.
Sandy in PA