New Version eCAL 1.011 Interface Changes

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
papasue

New Version eCAL 1.011 Interface Changes

Post by papasue »

Today I downloaded the newest version of eCAL 1.011 and could not find the "shapes" tables in the Windows upper menu. What it seems has changed is you click on the shapes picture icon and then select the table or icon you want. I think this is better as you can select the image you want without knowing all that is available.

Just thought I would save you looking as I had always used the drop down method from the top menu. Maybe it was this was in the earlier vs but I had gotten used to the Windows drop down one.

Just found that FONT table moved here too. All good since finding the right font before took forever since I have a gazillon fonts. Faster too.
ShapesTable.png
ShapesTable.png (74.82 KiB) Viewed 10220 times
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
angel

Re: New Version eCAL 1.011 Interface Changes

Post by angel »

I really like those changes, they even colored in some of the basic shapes, gives the program more of a modern feel now. Still waiting on that text return for paragraphs though, boy oh boy that really should be on the top of the list craftedge, come on im begging on my knees here!! :D
papasue

Post by papasue »

LOVE the new text interface.

Type your text (any font)
Select WINDOW/Library a panel will open (generally into the new shapes table library.
Click on the tab TEXT
Select your typed text and some new font from the library list (these are your fonts)
You can play all day reviewing how your text looks in each font.
Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 8.36.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-01-26 at 8.36.27 AM.png (134.34 KiB) Viewed 10190 times
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
janekinso

Post by janekinso »

Thanks, Susan. I also downloaded it, and I like the new format for the shapes library -- it's nice to have the colours. I noticed that, as in the previous update, there is a bug in the workspace. When you set up your workspace and save it, it doesn't save properly. Craftedge did fix this after a bit on the previous update. Guess I'll contact them about it. I really like that Craftedge is always working to make their software better. I'm so happy to have ecal. :)
jane
Creativity is a continual surprise.--Ray Bradbury

Silver Bullet 13, SCAL 4.038, Win7 64 bit
alliellis

Post by alliellis »

Love this too. Great addition by CE. Like the gridlines on the noard as well.
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

I just opened Ecal to save one of my files and see the notice of the update. So came here looking to see what the update was about before I did it. So now I know its okay to update.

I hope they fixed the saving the workspace thing. That was driving me nuts ever time I open it I have to reset all my windows as I need a large work space with these bad eyes. LOL

Sharon
renees

Post by renees »

I downloaded the new up date and couldn't get any of my svg's to show up anywhere. I don't know what you are supposed to do to get to your svg's. Until this update I haven't had any problems with any settings. I went back to the previous version but hope someone can tell me why this version did not pull in my files.

Renee
windows 7
papasue

Post by papasue »

renees wrote:I downloaded the new up date and couldn't get any of my svg's to show up anywhere. I don't know what you are supposed to do to get to your svg's. Until this update I haven't had any problems with any settings. I went back to the previous version but hope someone can tell me why this version did not pull in my files.

Renee
windows 7
When you say that your svgs don't show up anywhere do you mean that you have tried to open an svg file within eCAL or that when you search for an svg file from within SCAL you don't see any?

I am not having any problem opening svg files, but then I'm on a Mac, hopefully someone with Win 7 will report in and try to help.
Susan E

eClips2.
renees

Post by renees »

Thanks papasue in 1.009 you can go to Windows- personal library and see all of your svg's. I don't know how to get to my personal library in 1.010. I know that the shapes and font are in a new spot, which I like, but when I select my library nothing is there.
renees

Post by renees »

sorry I meant 1.011