Just bought Sizzix Eclips !

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
rsmobley85

Just bought Sizzix Eclips !

Post by rsmobley85 »

I finally got a new cutter this weekend. Deal to good to pass up. So now I need to get Ecal to cut to it. As im a file designer not a cartridge girl. LOL

And tips would be appreciated. I updated the hand held to 3.1 last night and will try testing some paper today to get a feel for the blade settings.

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Sharon
gj1

Re: Just bought Sizzix Eclips !

Post by gj1 »

Congrats on your purchase and WELCOME! Let us know where you are having any specific problems and I am sure someone will help.
Have FUN!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

Thanks, The biggest problem so far is being able to see the little hand held screen. My bad eyes are not wanting to play along. LOL!

Sharon
gj1

Post by gj1 »

If you purchased scal 2, when it was available, and have serial number, and all pertaining information...it is a free upgrade to scal 3, then you can view larger on your computer screen.

http://craftedge.com/purchase/craftedge ... grade3.php

I have tried some other of the designing software programs and find SCAL to be the most user friendly. I just LOVE it!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

gj1 wrote: If you purchased scal 2, when it was available, and have serial number, and all pertaining information...it is a free upgrade to scal 3, then you can view larger on your computer screen.
It is a free upgrade from SCAL2 to SCAL3, but the eClips only works with eCAL and that isn't a free upgrade.

The only tip that I have is that if you are going to do Print2Cut you need to calibrate your laser once you get eCAL. You can find that in the Cutter menu of eCAL.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Could an ecal eclips user design in SCAL3 and import the .svg to ecal?
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, eCal is different software tho very similar to SCAL3 with the added features inherent in the eClips.Unfortunately (and confusing in my opinion) the extension for both is scut3. Once you have eCAL you can open/import any SCAL3, SCAL2 or svg files.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

Yes, ECAL is what you need to cut to the EClips. SCAL wont cut to it.

Right now im using MTC and save my files as SVG and will import those with ECAL to cut on the Eclips.
So im sure using SCAL3 you can save as SVG and import in to ECAL.

I just did some test cutting! I like to know what pressure settings a Im dealing with from the get go. So I cut several different kinds of paper,cardstock, chipboard and Acetate.

Im loving how it cuts so far.

Sharon
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

Just wondering. When i get ECAL. Will I be using the hand held at all. I dont think so but wanted to make sure.

So that means all the adjustments for the pressure and speed will be done though the ECAL software right?

Okay, where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Sharon
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Yes, you can make all the pressure and speed adjustments through the software. I don't even touch my remote.
Sandy in PA