Just bought Sizzix Eclips !

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
rsmobley85

Re: Just bought Sizzix Eclips !

Post by rsmobley85 »

Good to know, just wanted to make sure. Im off to buy Ecal.

Sharon
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

Woo Hoo!

Just purchases Ecal from Craft Edge for $50.99 using the code they have under it for 15% off.

Its downloaded. Installed, Activated and Registered with Craft Edge.

Now Im ready to play.

Sharon
gj1

Post by gj1 »

OUTstanding!!!...happy for you. Love to hear peoples excitement. Please show us your creations, here, if you would. Thanks so much for particiapating!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

I have had mine for almost a year and have never even hooked up my handset! The software will do most of your settings for you as part of the print process. Best wishes, you will love your new Eclips!
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I have ECAL, and just want to let you know that when you save a project, it saves as an SCUT3 file, just like in SCAL3, so you should be able to open them just fine in either program. The differences in ECAL and SCAL3 are basically just the added features that the Eclips has. However, the program itself is pretty much the same.
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

Yep, I see that. With the File extension.

I have been playing with it a little. I created a file in MTC and exported it as a SVG and I opened Ecal and was happy to see that it kept its size. Some programs don't so that was nice to see.

Im a little confused by the layers. but just found the user manual for Ecal and readying it now to get a better understanding of things.

Tomorrow when my grandson leaves I will try hooking up the machine to Ecal and see how well it cuts.

Sharon
http://rsmobleysdesigns.blogspot.com/
rsmobley85

Post by rsmobley85 »

I just cut my first project using Ecal on the Eclips and it came out perfect first try.

I designed a step card in MTC and then saved it as SVG and imported that in ECAL. I don't have the card done yet. I was actually just test cutting my new file to see how it would cut in Ecal. And it went so well, I just kept going. LOL!

I will be at a crop on Saturday and will finish the card then and post for yall to see.

I have added a tab on my blog Sizzix Eclips and Ecal. And im adding links to tutorials and videos and updates and manuals as I find them. Hope it might help someone.

Sharon
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Glad all is well, and thanks so much for sharing as you go along.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.