How do I cut outline only? Print 2 cut

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
gj1

Re: How do I cut outline only? Print 2 cut

Post by gj1 »

Just FILE EXPORT to your desktop or a picture folder. When you click on File and the EXPORT...you would then pick a location...I always use desktop and then move it later...and use the drop down to change from .svg to .png. Then go to the File and Place in scal and find the picture on your desktop and click on it and it will open as a picture file in scal. Hope this helps you. Then you can click print in scal and see if it print. You can lay your outline on top and get it tight around or with a bit of an overlap...and in Window and Layers turn off the layer(eye) for the outline and turn on the layer for the picture...print and then turn off the eye for the picture and tun on the eye for the outline and cut.

Don't worry about the box around the picture...none of that prints. You just have to test it out to see....because, I don't have eCal, but this is how I do it in Scal3 or 2.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

Ok. I got it to print with the registration marks. Now I'm lost when you say lay outline on top - do this on my mat to go in to cut or in scal? Where do I get the outline layer? Should I import it via print2cut? Sorry for so many questions & I feel like an idiot that I'm not getting this.
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

I guess what I'm asking is how do I just get the outline? I figure I can print the png with the reg marks then when I do p2c, I can just use that & skip the actual print part?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

It is the cut line on the virtual mat. Turn png eye off and cut with cut line. We discussed about the outline on page1 of this discussion. You could also use the TRACE feature(File Trace)and find the .png you just made and create an outline of it in TRACE. If the top number of 50 does not do it on preview, then I like 90 :)...if there is more than just the outline, you Object Select All, Break Apart, and delete the extra lines just keeping the outline.
Hope this helps you.
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

Ok I think I'm finally getting it!!! Should I break apart the cut layer, print layer or one of the layers within these? I got the outline of the scallop but not sure how to bring the layer on top. I tried arrange under layers then raise layer & layer to top but don't see it. It's still hiding behind. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you helping me. Now I understand how my computer illiterate mom when I tell her just "Google" it!
gj1

Post by gj1 »

All is good...you have printed...use that
You have the scalloped outline...use that.
Now, if the raise to top or bring forward is not doing it...then right in the Layers panel you can locate the scalloped outline and left click mouse on it and drag it up to the top of the list of images. Sometimes it stops short and you have to go and drag it again.

This is all you want on the page showing...the part to print and the part, outline to cut,...
In the layers you will turn off the eye on the scalloped outline and turn on the image and print, and then the opposite after you get the print paper on the cutting mat.

Now, keep in mind...I do not use ecal, so I know nothing for sure about how it is going to work for you. So perhaps I should not be helping you, but it would be very similar to what I am saying.

Hope you have a success...and show us what you are making, ok.
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

Ugghhhh I thought I had it!!! When I print the png, the mat shows it as a square. When I try to scale it, it keeps it as a square so I did 8.5x8.5 which shrunk my image?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Pretend the square does not exist...it does not print...just the picture. It can make it a bit tricky to get the size you want...but what you do is make the cutting outline the size you want and then adjust the size of the picture to fit in that.

The outline that goes on top to line it up for cutting...you can make it clear so you can see through it, by going over to the
Appearance, Fill, Color and change it to none.
KeyWestKelly

Post by KeyWestKelly »

I didn't explain my issue very well. When I import the png, it's huge (50x50). I went into object-scale & it won't let me size it to 8.5x11. It automatically goes to a square (8.5x8.5)
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I resize all my pictures in Paint...it comes with most computers. Just open your picture in Paint, and then click on resize and change the top number to 30, and then SAVE it again.

If in scal you want to change the size...be sure to have the Keep Proportions box checked so it will stay the same shape.

I am so please you continue to ask...this is exactly how I learned and there were so many who helped me...suddenly it just all began to click, and I was able to do it. Stick to it...you will get it.