Duplicate cuts in svg files

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Kirsteen

Duplicate cuts in svg files

Post by Kirsteen »

I have imported svg files into my software, and when I either print to cut, or just cut, my machine is cutting the shape twice - once on top of one another......

I noticed when I expand the shapes in the layers window down in the right hand side, each svg file I have imported has 2 identical images.....one is solid black and one looks like an outline (black line filled with white)

Can I delete one of those?
papasue

Re: Duplicate cuts in svg files

Post by papasue »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The easy answer is Yes. Since you have the original svg file you can experiment with the file and see what happens! if you see two copies of each piece delete the layers you believe are duplicates and try cutting again on scrap paper. It is the AHA part of learning.

I am guessing that one set is for a mat for each piece and you could cut one set in the appropriate colors and the other set in white or black to glue the colored pieces onto.

Trying is learning. Turn off (close the Eye symbol) on one set and cut. Then turn it back on an close the other set and cut that. You should be able to see the difference.

If still have questions come on back.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.