eClips not working?

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
AdansMommy

eClips not working?

Post by AdansMommy »

Help! I purchased my eClips in March. I've only used it a handful of times because a few months ago it completely stopped working. Between 2 babies, finishing my master's degree and teaching, I have had very little time to sit down and get with them sooner. It will not even turn on. I brought the plug to the Geek Squad and they determined that it was working fine. I contacted the Sizzix company and they told me to send a proof of purchase. I did that, but because I purchased it brand new on Ebay, they will not honor the warranty.

Has anyone had a problem with theirs not working? Has anyone had a problem with Sizzix customer service? HELP! As an elementary school teacher, so many opportunities are passing me by!!
gj1

Re: eClips not working?

Post by gj1 »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=28681&p=111207&hil ... ps#p111207

Read through this carefully, and make sure you are plugged in right.

http://craftedge.com/download/download.html

Update to the latest version.

If it still does not work, maybe contact the person you bought it from.
CS for Sizzex is excellent, according to reviews...it is too bad that you did not buy from authorized seller.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
AdansMommy

Post by AdansMommy »

Thank you for your reply. However, it's not a matter of the computer not recognizing the unit. The unit will not power on at all. :( I purchased from Oh My Crafts, who I thought was an authorized dealer. (http://www.ohmycrafts.com/
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I would contact them and Sizzix, AGAIN! This does not sound right to me.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Doesn't sound right to me either. Sizzix has been great to deal with. Also contact Oh My Crafts. They have contact info on their web site.
Sandy in PA
angel

Post by angel »

Funny, I am on my second machine, and just started using it again a moment ago to print and cut envelopes, and it has started acting up like last time, spitting out the mat, not cutting and jumping up and down uuuggghhh!! I see how many people are having problems with these, I hope when I call them tomorrow they will replace it again, it is still under warranty but gosh, Ive only had this one 7 months.

I may have to bite the bullet, and eat up what I have spent on this to buy a different one, but I need one that is smart like this one. darn it!!!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I would expect they will take care of it. Sorry to hear you have an issue 2 times. I had an issue with mine one time and Sizzix took care of it without hesitation and no problems since. They do have good customer service.
Sandy in PA
angel

Post by angel »

I hope you figured out what was wrong with your machine, I contacted sizzix on mine and they are sending me another new one, I guess I should be thankful this happened now because in 2 more months it would have been out of warranty.

Anyway, havent seen you reply back to this thread, Hopefully it was something simple. :D