Can eclips cartridge images import to SCAL?

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
kjp

Can eclips cartridge images import to SCAL?

Post by kjp »

I am learning about my new Sizzix eClips and SCAL, and am wondering if I can import an image from an eClips cartridge to work on in SCAL?
If not, am I just limited to cutting the images in eClips cartridges, and gluing them to projects I design in SCAL?

Thank you for the help!
papasue

Re: Can eclips cartridge images import to SCAL?

Post by papasue »

I've never used a cartridge on my eclips but I don't think the controller connects to the computer so the simple answer is most likely not.

The only way I can think of is to cut your image, scan or take a picture of it and then import it into ecal.....trace it....a lot of work for simple shapes that are available on the internet anyway...or at least something like it.

Perhaps someone has another idea and will show up and share.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
kjp

Re: Can eclips cartridge images import to SCAL?

Post by kjp »

Thanks for the idea - I may do that.

I was wondering, since the hand held controller can be updated via USB connection to Mac/PC, perhaps this connection would allow one to download images from eClip cartridge directly into SCAL. Would be super useful, helpful, and would encourage a new use/market for the cartridges.
Maybe there is a link that gives you an eDownload if you buy the cartridge and/or license.

I know the basic shapes are redundant, but the items that are not so fast/easy to build we be great to import - boxes, wrappers, fames, etc.