Can't cut anything with eclips and ecal

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Trini

Can't cut anything with eclips and ecal

Post by Trini »

Hi everyone,

I recently bought the combo package for the eclips + ecal software, everytime I try to print to cut an svg file it keeps telling me it cant find the eclips, now I have updated the eclips machine's software, bought a new mini usb cord and have the latest version of ecal. I tried shutting off both machines, tried uninstalling the driver (got an error message) tried fixing the driver (it went through the motions of doing it), tried installing it and it says installed already.. I am going nuts cuz I have spent alot of money and cant use the software, and the software was my main reason for buying this machine :cry:, can some pls help?
Kiheigirl

Re: Can't cut anything with eclips and ecal

Post by Kiheigirl »

Me too....I followed all the instructions...updated software and drivers...but computer says eclips cannot be found. Can anyone help me?
angel

Post by angel »

Sometimes you have to completely unplug the machine from the wall outlet and the usb cord for a few seconds, then plug back in the machine and usb, then turn on the power for the machine. :D
Trini

Post by Trini »

I submitted a ticket to them - apparently I am an idiot - the usb (the silver cord) that runs from the eclips cutter to the little screen thingy needs to be unplugged from that and plugged directly into your computer >.< Also u have to plug that usb into the computer then turn it on - so no mini usb cable needed, that was only to update the eclips software. Hope that helps
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Thank you SOOO much for post this outcome...it is soooo helpful to others!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Trini

Post by Trini »

gj1 wrote:Thank you SOOO much for post this outcome...it is soooo helpful to others!
glad I could help :)
chattyscrapper

Post by chattyscrapper »

I'm in the same situation. I've been working to get this resolved for a week. It's driving me crazy.
I have so many ideas I want to try but the software is not cooperating with me.

i've done everything suggested and then some.