selecting layers in ecal

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Paula Anne

selecting layers in ecal

Post by Paula Anne »

Hi. I am working on a project that has many pieces (aka layers). They are fairly close together. I am finding when I use the shift key and my mouse to select the next layer, that
a). sometimes it can't grab the second layer because it is too close the the prior layer
b) I can have all but the last layer to choose and it "drops" all the prior layers and I have to start all over again.

Is there an easier way to select my layers? I was trying to do it though the layers pallete but haven't been able to figure out how to select them from there.

Any help would be great and would really reduce my frustration level ;)
Thanks
Paula
angel

Re: selecting layers in ecal

Post by angel »

In the layers palette find the layer you want to select, and left click and hold and move the layer up or right click and bring to top.

or make sure nothing is selected on the mat, then go to layers palette and click on the layer you want, this should highlight your layer on the mat, sometimes this work and sometimes it doesnt, its a glitch in ecal.
Aimitup2

Post by Aimitup2 »

I use Ecal and have a couple of suggestions:
1) you can drag your mouse to draw a bounding box around all your pieces you want to select and it should select all
2) I use the layers alot - you can make a folder in there and drag all the pieces into one folder - you can hide and show all the elements but I don't think there is a way to select all the elements of the folder - you'd still have to do what I suggested in 1)
Using layers keeps your files organized - comes in handy when you want to hide/show/lock groups of elements.

Maybe someone else has a tip on this....
angel

Post by angel »

I do have ecal, and I work with layers all the time, as long as nothing is selected on your mat, meaning click on the mat where there is an empty space, go to your layers palette and click on the layer you want and then you will have a bounding box around that layer on your mat.

Guess I wasnt clear enough in my previous post.