Print 2 Cut with Ecal

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Print 2 Cut with Ecal

Post by HeatherM »

SVG files are the only way that I've done P2C. Sometimes I add text in eCAL and sometimes I place an image with it, but I've never had a problem. I am still using Ink 0.047 though. Tam, what version of Inkscape were you using?
papasue

Post by papasue »

I did it yet again today and it worked with the svg. I am wondering about this and have asked CE about memory. I was doing all kinds of things yesterday and had a few apps open. I cannot figure it out.

So I am over it.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Tam

Post by Tam »

I don't use Inkscape at all. What I did was take the original image into MTC to trace it because I love the way I can manipulate that image in that software. I then made both my shadow mats because when I tried to make them in Ecal it keep giving me an error message that the program is not responding and would shut down and I would lose what I had done already. So that is why I did everything in MTC. I then exported it as and SVG from MTC and opened it in Ecal and cut it that way and had no problems at all. So I don't think it has anything to do with cutting svg's. Sue as to why it shut your cutter down I would like to know that too. Are you using the 1.005 version of Ecal. That is what I am using. I am going to try and put a pix up here so u can see the card I made. But I still have a lot of unanswered questions.
Tam
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I guess ecal is much different than scal3. I took a screen shot of the picture on page 1, cropped and traced in scal3(top number of 70, is all that I changed to) and made shadows(2 of them), plus took a copy/paste and broke apart for the actual outline in green. Took about less than 20 seconds.

I just exported from scal3 to be an .svg and opened the .svg in scal3, and made the shadows again, easily, using shadow blackout.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Tam

Post by Tam »

Maybe I need to do my work in Scal3 and then open it in Ecal. Seems to work better. Will give it some practice later today. Have a dr's appointment first. Yucky.

Here is my pix of my card I made. Not a profession just a wanna be card maker.
Attachments
005resized.jpg
005resized.jpg (102.2 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
Last edited by Tam on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tam
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Looks to me like you could make it a profession...very VERY nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Tam

Post by Tam »

TY sweetie. I learned so much on making this card. I learned after I printed it that if I would have made my first mat layer white before printing I would not have gotten those dark black outlines. I had it set to gray so the would not be so heavy but forgot about the layer to cut after it was printed and that I had made black so I could see it. I am learning.
Tam