score lines not cutting with eclips

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
camaren

score lines not cutting with eclips

Post by camaren »

I've been playing with my grand daughters eclips and trying to get it to score so I can show her how to use that feature. I'm not grasping how to do it! I've watched Leo's video and followed it to the tee...even using the same envelope svg he used. I choose the layer I want and then under the appearance property I choose Cut Line Type: Score and then try to cut. It goes through the motions but doesn't make a mark on the paper at all. If I change the LIne Style to dashes it does cut little dashes but I thought scoring was a line that was kissed cut.... I can't figure it out after a long time of playing around with all the options. I even tried using a square shape and choosing score but it won't work! What am I missing/or doing wrong? I"ve searched this forum and can't find an answer.
craftedge
Site Admin

Re: score lines not cutting with eclips

Post by craftedge »

In the Preferences under the eclips tab, there is an option for Score Pressure.
Try to increase that value.
camaren

Post by camaren »

THanks for the quick reply. I went into Edit, preferences, eclips and changed the scoring to 9 and still nothing. What am I missing?
papasue

Post by papasue »

I don't know what you may be doing wrong.

Have you done score lines successfully before? Did you draw the score line with the pen or a shape? what is the material you are scoring on? Have you set material type (i.e. cardstock M)? You do have vs. 1.005 of eCAL?

If you want to post the file here someone will take a look and see if they can make it work, leading to a machine problem, not a user or software as a solution. Oh, don't post a file you bought/ got from someone else. Can you reproduce the problem using something from the shapes table?

Hope to hear from you, so we can all learn together.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
camaren

Post by camaren »

I've attached a file that I used as a test. I used AC cardstock, the preference for scoring was set at 9. For the square I used the shape library. For the triangle I used the pen tool. I chose score in the "Cut Line Type" for both. The version is 1.005. II chose Cardstock H for the material.

As I mentioned in the first post, I followed Leo's tutorial to the letter with the same envelope file that he used and still it wouldn't score. I need all the help I can get. Thanks!

BTW, this is a brand new machine so I've never done any scoring with it before.
Attachments
scoretest.scut3
(33.19 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hi, I am out of town until late tonight so I cannot test the file. Hopefully someone else will come along and test it for you. I have a feeling that it is a machine problem but I will check it out.

I see two people have downloaded it, so an answer may be near at hand.

The info you provided will help.
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I tested your file and created this one and both do the score lines on pressure 5, cardstockH.

So, it sounds like you have a blade housing or carrier issue with the eclips. We have heard of this before. You will need to contact Sizzix. A phone call works and they are very responsive.

Here's my file for you to test one last time before you call them tomorrow.
Attachments
scoretestPS.scut3
(30.94 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Susan E

eClips2.
camaren

Post by camaren »

HI Susan, Thanks so much for doing this for me. I guess I will have to contact Sizzix because your file wouldn't score either. The square cut just fine but the scoring didn't. I took out the blade housing and put it back in but that didn't help. I'll keep you posted on what happens next. I think the scoring is a huge plus in ecal and the eclips and I need it to work!
camaren

Post by camaren »

Well, it's been awhile and finally I'm back in business. The Sizzix Eclips was the problem all along, not ECAL. THe company has replaced the cutting machine and all is well. Thanks to everyone for your help. Sizzix has excellent customer service, by the way. ANd the machine is great!