Eclips/ECal Print and Cut Question

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
steven252000

Eclips/ECal Print and Cut Question

Post by steven252000 »

Has anyone ever had any issues with the print and cut on the Eclips? Here is what happened to me. I had my mat at 12x12 and material at 8.5x11 because that was the size of my printable vinyl. I had it set up to print the registration marks on top left, bottom right and bottom left. So I printed my design and it printed everything like it was supposed to including the laser mark areas. Then I put my printed product on the mat and got it ready to cut. I did the 3 registration marks with the laser. I did notice on the last one (bottom right) it seemed to be a lot further off (left of the mark) than the others. I got them all lined up and hit cut. Well when it went to cut it did not cut on the design at all. It began way left of the design. I had done test cuts on regular paper before on smaller designs and it worked well. But of course when I used my printable vinyl it messed up. Can anyone thing of possible causes? Thanks.
papasue

Re: Eclips/ECal Print and Cut Question

Post by papasue »

steven, could you post the file (if it is not copy protected) and I'll take a look and try and cut it on my eclips.

You have updated you eCAL software to 1.003 right?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
steven252000

Post by steven252000 »

Sent you a pm papasue.
steven252000

Post by steven252000 »

I have had a real time with print to cut. I can not figure it out. I can get some things to work while others simply will not. This on top of a defective blade holder has me second guessing my purchase. I hope I get this figured out soon.
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I only did some print and curt on paper and they were spot on, but I use different registration marks, top left, top right and bottom right. i noticed thar usually the laser is close to the second mark, but the third one is more "off".
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Sorry to hear you are having such problems. I am really happy with mine. If you want to send the file to me also, I will check it out too, but Papasue is an expert.
Sandy in PA
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

What about your mat orientation? Double check to make sure its correct!
steven252000

Post by steven252000 »

For all those who helped ......thanks. Here is a picture of the tumbler I made my 5 year old.