Problem cutting on eclips with ecal

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Problem cutting on eclips with ecal

Post by sstehman »

1.003 is the latest version. Sizzix customer service is quite good and they will work to resolve the problem or replace the machine I am sure.

On eCal crashing. I have had a few occasions when that happens and I must shut down my computer, restart and then it works fine. Hasn't happened a lot, but a few times. Have found some fonts it also does not like for some reason.

I am sure Sizzix told you to check the sensor at the back left of the machine and make sure it is clean. It is a small rectangular black piece. Use something dry, like a q-tip to wipe it off. No liquids.
Sandy in PA
MonRyan

Post by MonRyan »

Hi,
Ok update:
They emailed me and said that there is a problem with my machine ( after seeing the video I had made) and they sent me a Fed Ex label to send it back. I wish they would have had me send it back faster than ground shipping. It will take about a week to get there and then i guess I have to wait another week to get a new machine. My orders are BACKING UP on me and I even told them this on the phone and in the messages to her :( I am so very unhappy! I bought this machine to make my life easier not to make it harder on me. So now I have no machine and I am just sitting here waiting.....
angel

Post by angel »

I downloaded it and it said 1.002 I have not seen a b in the download at all, but heres an update on my computer windows 7 64bit, staples says it is not my computer that is making ecal crash, he said sure cuts alot has all the updates that ecal should have but doesnt. so long story short $70 dollars to pay someone to tell me its the software that isnt up to snuff for windows 7 and not enough updates. thanks alot.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Just so you know I am not pulling your leg. When you click on the ecal download for windows it is shown there as 1.002b.

So sorry you spent dollars for a computer check up you did not apparently need. Well, it is good to get them cleaned up tuned up anyway...hope the machines get replaced sooner rather than later.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
angel

Post by angel »

ahhh gj1 you do nice screen shots for me lol!!! I think i will stick with the 1.003 till we figure this out. thank you!!
angel

Post by angel »

yes they told me about sensor and wiping it didn't resolve the issue. thank u
angel

Post by angel »

Got my new machine, and just today it started acting weird, when I place an object in the top left corner and hit cut, it cuts it in the upper right corner, when i put the object in the upper right corner, it cuts it in the bottom right corner.

I have to say I am getting aggrivated with this machine and all the problems, one more time and illinois recognizes it as a lemmon and they will have to give me my money back right? I hope so.
alliellis

Post by alliellis »

So sorry to hear about this. I have had no problems at all and I am happy with my machine. It did come directly from Sizzix UK.
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
angel

Post by angel »

okay, for some reason now when i open up ecal i have to check the mat orientation to vertical, i didnt have to do this before, if i dont do it nothing is checked. glad this is all it was, please dont get me wrong, I love the capabilities of this machine, but I just have had so many problems with it and losing my patience. I will try to work on that.
mjlarson53

Post by mjlarson53 »

Interesting reading all these posts from 2012 on how the ecal software keeps crashing and here I am today with the same problems with the latest upgrade for ecal, which is also the upgrade for the eclips2! My machine is a total mess! It stops suddenly, then tries to eject the mat right in the middle of the cut, cuts a couple good cuts then everything is all wonky and I have to start over with unplugging all the cords etc. And with this upgrade I can't open several of my files I previously cut with the older version of ecal. Contacted Craftedge customer support a week ago and have yet to hear back! It is getting old as this is my 3rd and last eclips, each one a dud!