Problem cutting on eclips with ecal

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Problem cutting on eclips with ecal

Post by sstehman »

Can you revert back to the last version of eCAL and see if it still does the same thing? That might possibly isolate the issue as being either software or the machine.
Sandy in PA
MsPaula

Post by MsPaula »

I too, am having all the issues with the eclips not cutting all the way to the right. I am running windows 8.1 and have reinstalled the driver (special instructions). I upgraded to the latest version last night thinking that may be the problem. It has not fixed anything. I have reset the machine to factory. Nothing. This machine is over a year old already. These issues are quite frustrating.

Any other suggestions? I also have orders waiting!!
mjlarson53

Post by mjlarson53 »

I called Sizzix again and told them I was not getting any response from the makers of the software company. I had 2 Eclips machines, one was under warranty (less than a year old) and they said it sounded like the laser was bad due to the problems I described in my earlier post. They replaced it.
It's interesting because this was the second time that particular machine had to be replaced and the Sizzix rep said they used to replace them with refurbished machines but now they are replacing them with new ones. Hmm. The other machine was 8 months past the warranty so they wouldn't do anything about it. The symptoms were cutting wonky shapes all over the mat and then stalling led to the diagnosis of a bad mother board. :-(. What a sad day having to feed it to the dumpster.

So far the replaced machine is cutting well with the upgraded software.
MaryNSC

Post by MaryNSC »

WELL Mine went Bonkers today This is the second one I have had replaced in 2013 it acts like its got rabies and chews it up and then spits it out and then starts cutting all over the place.. I got to say I have had it for 2 years and I LOVE LOVE It but now I don't know what to do and now I got all these cartridges (44) as a matter of fact I could just cry..
It will start cuttin and then stop spit out mat and then just start cutting crazy.. The it might start to cut something and then it just stops right in the middle and shuts down..
I have replaced cords
I made sure ecal is up to date
I used a new mat
I did the x and then the laser light
I tried my cartridges and it will not even do that
I cleaned the sensor
I cleaned the blade I mashed those 2 red things on the side
NOTHING..
OOOO I even tried Hooking it up to another computer..
I have emailed Sizzix Hoping i can send it to get repaired
mariliax00

Post by mariliax00 »

Hi everyone!
I am having the exact problems that you have all mentioned!
1. My sizzix eclips will stop cutting after the first 2 seconds,
2. It spits out the cutting mat
3. the cutting mat roller goes crazy and rolls forever until I switch the machine off

I have tried all of the solutions mentioned here - but nothing works!
Have contacted Sizzix support, done upgrades on software, bought new cutting mats, blades etc - done all that but the problem is not fixed!!
I have also had my machine replaced 3 TIMES!!!! and faced the same issue with each and every one they sent me!!!
You can imagine my frustration, after going through 3 replacements, the cost of buying new materials, and not having my problem solved!

This machine has cost me a lot of money apart from the actual purchase,trying to solve its problems and loosing sales from my small business I was not able to deliver!!!
It seems that Sizzix doesn't have an actual solution to this issue, so I would advise future buyers to look into something else!
I do apologize for this advise as I am not the type of person who would give negative feedback on purchases, on the contrary I always like to promote products in the best manner. But Sizzix never gave me an actual solution THAT WORKED!
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

Seems like posting this here is a good thing to do as a warning to others.

There are lots of other brands of cutters on the market that work with SCAL5. I would check functionality of these other brands, along with user reviews, and consider buying the one that will suit your needs best.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/