Eclips mat not loading properly

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Titan03

Eclips mat not loading properly

Post by Titan03 »

Help,
My mat will load but when I try to cut the mat just loads and doesn't stop. It continues right out the back of the machine. I think that my machine is faulty and will contact sizzix but I thought that I would ask if any one has had this problem and is there just something that I may be doing wrong. Very frustrated, I have been waiting all week to play with my new toy. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks
pennsylvaniakate

Re: Eclips mat not loading properly

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

I'm sorry no one has helped you yet. Some one who has an Eclips will probably answer you today. If not, I'm sure Sizzix will fix you right up Monday. I do seem to recall talk of this, but not sure what the result was. Good luck!
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Does the roller keep running when the mat shoots out of the back of the machine?
Is your mat flat and not curled on the top left corner where the sensor is? (the top left corner is where it detects the mat).
Make sure there are not any small paper pieces back where the sensor is located (on the back left corner)....it is a small black looking flat piece.)
Clean off the same black piece with a dry cloth (no chemicals).

Check back after checking these things please.
Sandy in PA
Titan03

Post by Titan03 »

Thanks for the suggestions. Cleaning the sensor did the trick. Cutting good now. Excited to get playing
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Glad cleaning the sensor worked out for you. For other eClips owners...a tip is to keep that sensor clean and do not put fluids on it. It is an important piece of information.
Sandy in PA
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I got some new mats and although I did bend and roll them to prevent them from hitting the machine, it still happens, there is not a lot of space were the mat has to move in the machine it makes a horrible sound, and my print and cuts all went wrong...... Somebody any idea what I can try to prevent this..??
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

Not sure I am understanding what is "happening".

Does the mat load for you? Is it feeding right out of the back of the machine? Did you clean the sensor with a dry cloth? DId you check to make sure there are not any small pieces of paper in the machine or on the sensor?
Sandy in PA
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

The mat is loading, but while it goes back and forth into the machine it hits the machine, makes a horrible sound, I can't seem to get it flat enough. Even when I think it is flat it hits the machine while cutting with the edge of the mat, makes that horrible sound and the cuts are not in the right place anymore. I have a feeling the new mats are somewhat thicker and more stiff. I did bend them and roll them up to try to bend the edge and it works for a few minutes, but after a few cuts it's kind off back to it's shape again.
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

So what I am hearing is that your mat keeps curling on the edge. Do you have another mat to try? Did you try turning the mat around and feeding from the other end. Haven't heard of this problem so I'm just trying to help you trouble shoot it right now.
Sandy in PA
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

My old mat works fine its just all the new mats, and they are really stiff. I rolled them again and put some rubber bands ariund so they will stay rolled for the night, maybe that helps. Thank you for thinking with me :D
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips