too large material size

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
renees

too large material size

Post by renees »

I have an Eclips and Ecal and am getting an error of "Too large size for current material. Decrease size or change material size.". I am trying to cut vinyl 12x24 and have the mat size and material size both at 12x24. I have changed fonts and font size but still get the error. I have tried both 1.001 and 1.002 versions of Ecal. All of the font is inside the cutting lines. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

windows 7
Thanks,
Renee
gj1

Re: too large material size

Post by gj1 »

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=27075

No clue if what jasen has to say here would be the problem...I am sorry I don't know.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
renees

Post by renees »

I don't think that is the problem but may be something to look at. I am using the full 12x24 size (22.992x6.501) and have the mat and material size at 12x24.
Thanks gj1.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I can't get to it tonight, but have already warned my family I will be in my craft room tomorrow morning (which means leave me alone). Anyway, I will see what happens when I set my mat size to 12 x 24 to see if I am experience the problem you are having. Hope you can wait until then.
Sandy in PA
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

One other thing....found this tip on SVGcuts site.

Because the mats that ship with the eclips are not shipped flat, you may have to uncurl your mat by curling it in the opposite direction for a few minutes. Curl it the opposite direction and use a rubber band to keep in place. This will "reset" the mat so that it is flat.

The reason I am posting this is if your mat is new make sure it is flat, particularly at the rear left edge. The sensor is at the back edge of the machine and it detects the mat from that point, so you want the mat to be flat.
Sandy in PA
renees

Post by renees »

Thanks Sandy. I am using a cricut mat that I rounded the corners on and it is flat. I moved some of the letters so that everything is in the 12x12 size, but left the mat size and the material size to 12x 24 and it cut it out. We just have to make sure we line the name up right now, but it is cut out. I will try to attach the file but in case it doesn't work it was the word Evander in Vijaya font with a size of 22.992 x 6.501 that I was trying originally to cut.
Attachments
evander3.scut3
how i ended up cutting the name
(78.57 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
evander.scut3
(71.73 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
renees

Post by renees »

here are pics of the scut files so you don't have to download just to see them. Thanks for all the help
Renee
Attachments
evander3.jpg
evander3.jpg (367.48 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
evander.jpg
evander.jpg (439.66 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
renees

Post by renees »

I tried changing the orientation with no luck
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

I just cut, but I only have a 12 x 12 mat. Cut without a problem but it automatically wrapped the text around.

I wonder if you change the orientation to portrait - verticle if that will work for you.

Regardless I did not get an error message.
Sandy in PA
angel

Post by angel »

I had a similar problem with ecal, if i wanted to cut with the mat horizontal it told me that it couldnt cut that way, but i reinstalled the software and the problem is fixed, so you may want to try unstalling your software and reinstalling and then update it again. I know the program freezes up alot on me to i use windows 7 64bit.