new to die cutting lots of questions :)

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
polkadotty

new to die cutting lots of questions :)

Post by polkadotty »

Hello, I was brought an eclips machine last friday having wanted a die cutting machine for ages and thinking i'm quite tech savvy thought it would be easy to use.

Brought the ecal software and having a few issues if someone can help i tried searching the forum but can't find the answers specific to ecal or the eclips. so here goes

having struggled with the print to cut feature for the past few days i almost have it right

my eclips is cutting the printed image slightly too far right then it should be i thought maybe it was
because my trace wasnt right but it does the same for letters just typed onto the mat too

when doing tracing image jpgs trace a lot better and cleaner then a png file i've got the settings right for the jpg images but all of my nitwits graphics are png files and would take me forever to resave as jpg does anyone have good settings for tracing png images?

When i select materials settings and change to a4 why does it not tick a4 it ticks custom and I can't change the custom setting to the size paper i want it permanently says 16 width and 0 length

What weight chipboard can i cut?

Is there a special way to cut fabric? mainly wanting to just cut cotton

hopefully someone can answer my questions

thank you :)
gj1

Re: new to die cutting lots of questions :)

Post by gj1 »

All good questions...I don't have this machine but will put back on top for you.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

This one's for you....Papasue. You have the Eclips....
Sandy in PA
polkadotty

Post by polkadotty »

aha i have a little update seems ecal works better on my laptop

i installed ecal on my netbook (1Gb ram and windows xp) and when i did a trace bitmap only the jpg images worked to trace a good outline although for some reason the cut outline was a third of the size of the image so i had to ungroup and resize the cutline.
png images just didnt work for traces properly at all.

Then today i put ecal on the laptop (3gb ram and windows 7) opened the software did a jpg trace perfect first time and the cut line was the same size as the image :) tried a png image that worked great too will try and do a print and cut later and hopefully that will solve the issue of my print 2 cut woes
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Yay, this is all good to know...thanks for the update.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
polkadotty

Post by polkadotty »

well another update :) tried a print and cut today it didn't work stil it cut the images 1/4 of a cm to the left. After changing reg marks to 2 instead of 3 i reprinted my a4 sheet changed my printer settings to borderless printing with no expansion and crossed my fingers for luck and it cut perfectly :) even the teensiest letters half a cm high to say i'm relieved is an understatement :)