not responding

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
melchache

not responding

Post by melchache »

i have just updated my ecal to version 1.2.but every time i try to use it ,it just says not responding.......help :?
papasue

Re: not responding

Post by papasue »

Sorry I'm not sure I understand. What does the message say is not responding ecal or the eclips?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I would also try a download again....maybe you didn't get a clean one the first time, but same question as Papasue had.
Sandy in PA
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I've have had a couple of situations where the program stopped functioning or sort of froze. At that point, I restarted the computer and that seems to "reset" something, and hopefully you'll be able to continue on with your projects.
angel

Post by angel »

I to get this constantly, everytime I try to do anything in ecal, I have a brand new computer with lots of memory so I know this is now whats causing it, I could bring in svg's and when trying to manipulate anything it stops responding, the text box when I am in it to long trying to pick fonts, when I scroll the font names disappear one by one and then ecal stops responding.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I would copy paste this message in a note to support. This does not sound right at all.

Check the downloads though and make sure you have the latest.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
papasue

Post by papasue »

The latest version of eCAL is 1.003 so try that one, and then if you are still having problems follow gj1's advice and contact craftedge support.

Good luck and hope to see you back with a big smile of success on your face.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
angel

Post by angel »

ok this file is freezing up on me, its a screen capture of a box template, every time I go to hide the template and group my cut and score lines it freezes up, will someone else try this and see if it happens to you, hopefully you are using windows 7. remember this has to be done in ecal. thanks please pm me if you are willing to try.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

If you post the file, possibly there is something in the file causing it to hang up. We can look at it in Inkscape too. Another thing I have found is that eCAL does not like some fonts. I had this problem a few times. And last, when it does freeze up on me I did what was mentioned above -- a complete restart of computer. It does seem to remember the error and the only way I can get it to "forget" is to do a complete restart.
Sandy in PA
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

How many fonts do you have installed? That might not be causing all of your problems, but it might be causing the program to shut down when choosing a font.