Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Ineke

Re: Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

Post by Ineke »

I did contact them and I should get a new machine next week. Theur customer service is absolutely the best.
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
sandmar15

Post by sandmar15 »

I am so happy for you. Have fun with your new machine. Sizzix has the best customer service. :D
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

My new machine has the exact same problem..... I'll contact the vendor again tomorrow.....
I didn't have to send back the other machine because I live in the Netherlands and I bought it in the UK... now I have two machines with the same
problem. I can't afford to buy another... :(
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Bummer :(
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

Sizzix is asking if I " when you selects to cut with Eclips you need to make sure that you have made the right changes to the paper settings etc before clicking ok.
Also you’ll need to check the blade depth number that you have on the blade holder itself as this may be a factor. "

This shouldn't be a factor, depending on what I'm cutting I should be able to use all kinds of settings and blade depth, without having extra cuts... I bought this machine because of it's ability to cut heavier cardstock. :?

ed. for typo's
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I'm getting another new machine, third time lucky, fingers crossed,
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
Campbellito

Post by Campbellito »

Sorry to chime in so long after the fact, but I had the same issue too for a bit, but found out that my mats were slightly bowed in the middle because I wasn't storing them as flat as possible. Seems to be working fine after I was more careful. . ..
pollywolly

Post by pollywolly »

I also had this problem for a while and spoke to the retailer at the time and they said that they hadn't heard of anyone else with the problem.

Although it was extremely annoying when it happened, it was infrequent and appeared to rectify itself when I switched everything off, unplugged and then plugged back in and restarted.

It hasn't happened for a while now, in fact since the last update I think.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

normally it's the mats are bowed (even a little) and/or the blade is too low.

I don't know about the eclipse but the bullets etc you set the blade a few mm above media. a old CD is about the right depth.
the cameo is preset by the clamp design.

as for the mats, lay them on a flat surface and place a heavy book or such on top of them over night (or for as long as possible) it might flatten them

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave